Friday, December 2, 2016

How Prof. Anilkumar Kamaraju was harassed and forced out of SSSIHL (Sai university) in 2011 & 2012

Last updated on 5th Dec. 2016

Given below is a recent comment of mine (slightly edited) from another Facebook post of mine, https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/1820931954790040, which I felt appropriate to put up as a separate post.

Sairam brother --name-snipped--! I am happy to see your words of support for Prof. Anilkumar Kamaraju (AK sir). You mention that administration should treat him well. Do you know who were the Sai university administrators who forced Prof. Anilkumar Kamaraju to resign from the Sai university in 2011-12 after Mahasamadhi? Sashidhara Prasad the then vice-chancellor sent him a show-cause notice, through the Registrar, Naren Ramji, on some minor matter of AK sir going abroad without taking permission from Sai university administration. [I was informed by a very reliable source that multiple show-cause letters on this matter were sent by Registrar Naren Ramji to AK sir and that AK sir gave fitting replies to it. It is the norm in the Sai university that the vice-chancellor directs the Registrar to send these letters. So I suspect that Sashidhara Prasad would have been involved in these show-cause letters to AK sir even if the letters were sent by and in the name of the Registrar, Naren Ramji.] If Bhagavan was in his physical form then, Sashidhara Prasad and Naren Ramji may have found show-cause notices being issued to them by SSSCT secretary!!!

Later Sudhir Bhaskar, then Director Prasanthi Nilayam campus, went to Prof. Anilkumar Kamaraju's house and told him that he should resign from Sai university otherwise he (AK sir) will be terminated by Sai university administrators. AK sir fell into Asathya-Adharma crook and quisling Sudhir Bhaskar's trap and gave him a resignation letter. Within a week, Naren Ramji (student-staff), then and now Registrar, sent AK sir a letter that his resignation had been accepted! Sashidhara Prasad did nothing to prevent it. That's it. AK sir was forced out of the Sai university in a relatively short period of time (in 2012, I believe) after Mahasamadhi!!! If Bhagavan was in his physical form then, SSSCT secretary would have forced Sudhir Bhaskar to write his (Sudhir Bhaskar's) resignation letter from the Sai university!!!

AK sir wrote about this ill-treatment to many Sai university staff, many of whom were Sai students. NOBODY did anything to support AK sir.

Naren Ramji is a student-staff. He has humiliated his own teachers (Anilkumar Kamaraju sir, Prof. Krupanidhi and others). He has committed a CRIMINAL OFFENCE UNDER THE INDIAN PENAL CODE of malicious record tampering against me. He is UTTERLY UNFIT to be Registrar of a Sathyam Vada Dharmam Chara and Love All Serve All Sai university.

Where was the gratitude and Sathya, Dharma, Shanti and Prema values of all Sai student-staff in the Sai university when AK sir was forced out of the Sai university? In my view, it was UTTER FAILURE and HORRIFIC INGRATITUDE (INGRATITUDE IS A SIN) from Sai university student-staff to have done nothing when AK sir was forced out of Sai university. They behaved like Bhishmacharya and Dronacharya and others behaved as silent watchers of Adharmic humiliation of Draupadi in the court of the Kauravas.

I am sorry if my words are hurtful. But that is my view of the matter based on what I have heard about AK sir's removal from the Sai university from many reliable sources including AK sir himself, and my own horrific experience of Teacher-Drohi Paapis (those who do harmful/sinful acts against teachers) Sashidhara Prasad, Naren Ramji, V. Chandrasekaran (former Head of Dept. of Mathematics & Computer Science) and Sudhir Bhaskar.

--- end my comment on my Facebook post ---

To know more about my own problems in the Sai university and why I quit the Sai university in disgust in March-June 2012, see my blog post, My May 2012 service record & record tampering related correspondence with Sai university (SSSIHL) administrators, http://ravisiyer.blogspot.in/2015/11/my-may-2012-service-record-record.html.

Essentially in my case, it was jealousy from some Sai university administrators at my successful work (free service) along with students of Sai university, in associating academically with the Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini (SSSVV) project, a free online school software providing Sai system of secular-cum-spiritual education, that led me to quit in disgust from the Sai university. They could not bear to see my success and my name coming into the limelight, and so used Shakuni poison tactics against me to harass me and humiliate me for the academic work I was doing culminating in the then vice-chancellor Sashidhara Prasad, in July 2011 in the vice-chancellor's chambers, humiliating me by saying that as my designation was Visiting Faculty I should (BLINDLY) follow all orders of the Head of Dept. of Maths & Computer Science (DMACS), Chandrasekaran, who was DEAD AGAINST my academic association with SSSVV. [Shakuni is the villainous uncle of the Kaurava king Duryodhana, in the Hindu scripture, Mahabharata. Shakuni plotted villainous schemes against the Pandavas with an aim to benefit the Kauravas. For more see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakuni.]

Sashidhara Prasad failed miserably to do his duty as vice-chancellor and examine the academic merits of the case. I was the expert in software development due to my 18 years international software industry experience followed by my, at that time (July 2011), eight and a half years free service of teaching lab. courses and being a technical consultant to student projects in DMACS in the Sai university. Chandrasekaran, in contrast, was IGNORANT & INCOMPETENT in software development. As the academic head of the Sai university, Vice-chancellor Sashidhara Prasad should have valued my software development expertise along with my free service to Sai university for eight and a half years then. Instead he just humiliated me leaving me with no option but to decide to quit the Sai university after I finished all my responsibilities there (in March 2012).
=============================================================

Given below are some comments from the my Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/1827030640846838, associated with this blog post.

In response to a comment, "How come? Anil Kumar sir clarified it himself when it happened. That he didn't want to continue in the university as faculty so he resigned to pursue endeavors such as spreading Swami's message and that he wasn't forced to do anything.", I (Ravi S. Iyer) wrote:

Well, he may have said that to cover up the sad reality of what happened. That is normal in Puttaparthi life. Now I felt it is important for interested Sathya Sai devotees to know the truth of the matter.
---

In response to a comment (partial), "Then he should have kept quiet ...", I (Ravi S. Iyer) wrote:
Well, it was a very difficult time in the immediate period after Mahasamadhi in Prasanthi Nilayam. The first and foremost objective was to calm the waters and ensure that institutions continue to function. Perhaps it was for that reason that AK sir may have said that. For sure, in my case, that was the reason I did not go public with my problem in Sai university in 2011-12 (after Mahasamadhi), till 2015, when I felt it was necessary to share details about my case as Sashidhara Prasad and Narasimhamurthy, with Madhusudan Rao Naidu so-called communicator, were creating a split worldwide in the Sathya Sai fraternity.
...
So like I swallowed all the humiliations and insults heaped upon me in 2011-12, but kept quiet publicly, for the good of Prasanthi Nilayam, perhaps AK sir did the same and did not reveal his acute problems to the public.
---

In response to a comment (partial), "Anyway, what I feel is that Anil Kumar sir was wanting to travel more and more to share his experiences with devotees abroad as he has been doing and given his age he felt it was better not to wait retirement and just resigned for good.

Regardless of anything if you have a job at a university or any place for that matter you have to be present except when you are on justified leave. I don't see the evil in this actions undertaken by the authorities of the university. Most places in the world would terminate you right away. They gave him the choice.

Isn't it maybe that you are reading too much into it given your history of how they mistreated you?", I (Ravi S. Iyer) wrote:

OK. You are free to disbelieve what I have written and have your own point of view. All the best!
---

In response to a comment (partial), "Regardless of what I think happened in this particular situation. Don't you agree that if someone is absent from their job post without having taken the pertinent permission from their superiors, said superiors are entitled to take corrective actions as they see fit in accordance with the law and the institution's policies?", I (Ravi S. Iyer) wrote:
Sai university is a DIVINE university and not just a UGC deemed university. Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba was the founder-chancellor of the university. It is Bhagavan's rules that mattered far more than UGC rules.

It is my view that like in my case, Sashidara Prasad, instead of doing his duty as a vice-chancellor, used rules of UGC deemed universities, to do Adharma in the Sai university. Though I then was a very experienced international software consultant who was teaching software lab. courses and was a tech. consultant to student projects AS FREE SEVA for nearly eight years then (July 2011), he shouted at me that as I was a visiting faculty I should listen to everything the HOD says. Now the HOD was IGNORANT about software development. Sashidhara Prasad should have respected my knowledge and my FREE SERVICE to Sai university. Instead he behaved like some POWER-CRAZY DICTATOR and even shouted at me to do Bhajans (instead of working on Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini as the HOD was dead against it).

Prof. Anilkumar Kamaraju had, and still has, an excellent understanding of Sai teachings and Sai vision for the university. Prof. Kamaraju should have been raised to a special status of something like Pro-chancellor after Swami Mahasamadhi to ensure that Swami's vision for the university is not diluted. Instead the TRAITOR vice-chancellor Sashidhara Prasad, believed in Narasimhamurthy's dream instructions, and ignored SSSCT view that Bhagavan does not use mediums (or dream-instructions persons) for instructions for others. [Swami appearing in dream giving instructions for that person himself/herself is fine. I am talking about Narasimhamurthy's dream instructions to be viewed as Swami instructions for others to obey.]

The only man who really fought the HIJACK of Sai university by Sashidhara Prasad and Narasimhmamurthy was Prof. Anilkumar Kamaraju. In the crucial period of a year or so after Mahasamadhi, Sudhir Bhaskar is reported to have sent regular reports to Narasimamurthy of what was happening in Sai university. In other words, Sudhir Bhaskar acknowledged Narasmihamurthy as a kind of spiritual boss (which is what Sashidhara Prasad also seems to have done). Naren Ramji sitting in the key position of Registrar seems to have sided with Sashidhara Prasad in that crucial period (a year or so after Mahasamadhi).

What better way to handle any opposition in Sai university to Narasimhamurthy's claim of being dream-instruction medium of Swami, than to make an example of Prof. Anilkumar Kamaraju himself, by removing him from Sai university! If AK sir himself could be removed by Sashidhara Prasad, Naren Ramji and Sudhir Bhaskar, all other people in Sai university would become mute sheep and follow these three chaps and Narasimhamurthy! All they needed was some excuse based on some weird rule. They used that and got him removed! After that, there was NOBODY in Sai university with the GUTS to challenge Narasimhamurthy and Sashidhara Prasad!!!

AK sir used to make visits abroad even when Swami was in physical form. Why did these fellows, after Mahasamadhi, suddenly start making a hue and cry of AK sir's foreign visits? My view is that they simply wanted to DOMINATE him and silence him as far as Sai university is concerned. They could not make AK sir a mute sheep but succeeded in removing him from Sai university. And so till Nov. 2014, SSSIHL was HIJACKED and under control of Narasimhamurthy and Sashidhara Prasad.

Now you may not want to accept these views and possible explanations of mine. I understand that. Nobody likes to read such unpleasant stuff. But then you have lived in Venezuela under some kind of dictatorial rule. So I don't think you will find it difficult to understand how Sai university came under DICTATORIAL rule of TRAITORS Sashidhara Prasad and Narasimhamurthy of Muddenhalli group with the support of some top Sai university administration QUISLINGS (supporters of traitors) till Nov. 2014.
----

VijaySai B.S. wrote:
Brother Ravi. Writing about this on FB can put a gentleman like Prof.AK in a more delicate situation. He is my former principal and colleague. I'm his well wisher. Isn't this post in a way counterproductive to your good intent?
----

Ravi S. Iyer wrote:
Brother VijaySai B.S. It is interesting to see your words of concern for AK sir.

Where was that concern brother when Prof. Anilkumar Kamaraju (AK sir) was humiliated and harassed by Sai university administrators, Sashidhara Prasad, your student-staff colleague Naren Ramji, and Sudhir Bhaskar??? What have you done to support AK sir in this regard???

I have met and spoken and exchanged emails with AK sir quite a few times in this period after Mahasamadhi. I have been deeply perturbed by how AK sir was mistreated and have conveyed my support and concern for him.

After Sudhir Bhaskar, Naren Ramji and Sashidhara Prasad teamed up to force AK sir out of SSSIHL (Sai university), our next concern was whether AK sir would be asked to leave staff quarters!! Did you speak to AK sir then and convey your support to him??? If so, what did you say to him then brother Vijaysai???

I told AK sir in his flat in staff quarters as all this drama was going on, that no matter what these Sai university administrators do to him, like when people remember Jesus they also remember the apostles of Jesus like Peter, AK sir will also be remembered by Sathya Sai devotees in future as he will be seen and heard translating the Telugu discourses of Swami, (in videos & audios of Sathya Sai discourses).

Once outside Easwamma samadhi, as AK sir and I were discussing these matters (but after his resignation episode, if I recall correctly), he said his mind cannot take it (how he had been marginalized in Prasanthi Nilayam system) anymore!!! That's how distraught he was!!!

AK sir himself told me that Indulal Shah sir, despite his advanced age then, personally visited AK sir in his staff quarters flat and expressed his sadness (and anguish perhaps) for the way AK sir was treated by Sai university administrators. AK sir very much appreciated that gesture of Indulal Shah sir. My respect for Indulal Shah sir went up when I heard about this gesture of his.

So what have you done brother VijaySai B.S. to help your former principal and colleague, at the time when he was severely tested by Bhagavan, after Mahasamadhi??? I would very much like to know.
----

VijaySai B.S. wrote:
Ask him.
----

In response to a comment, "You know brother Ravi, if what you say about you and Anil Kumar sir is true then I'm very sorry this happened. In any case Swami never leaves us and surely he protects us from any harm. I'll follow up later", I (Ravi S. Iyer) wrote (slightly edited):
I decided to share this unpleasant stuff because I felt it is necessary to do so. It gave me NO PLEASURE WHATSOEVER to put up this post. I did it because I felt it had to be done as a ***VITAL*** matter in the post-samadhi history/chronicle of Sathya Sai movement. Jai Sairam!
...
In fact, I get stressed out when I put up such whistle-blowing posts. My body system freaks out and takes a few days to settle down. But when I feel the urge to share the stuff very strongly I get overpowered and just do it. And then face the waves of stress and unpleasantness and bodily discomfort. Such is life nowadays for me :-(.
---

Ravi S. Iyer wrote:
Arun Srinivas, Sairam brother. My post is mainly about the crucial year or so after Mahasamadhi, say till June/July 2012. That's when it was chaotic and traumatic in the Sai university and in Prasanthi Nilayam system. That's when some people became power crazy and also started imagining things (e.g. Narasimhamurthy). The changes that happened then set the direction of Sai university ship and I don't think that direction is in line with Bhagavan's vision for the university. .... I wanted to share this info. as a record of what happened then. .... Today I do not have much idea about what goes in the Sai university. So my above post should not be viewed as a reflection of the current state of affairs in Sai university or in Prasanthi Nilayam. Thanks.
---

Ravi S. Iyer wrote:
Sathya Sai Baba (Clive), Sairam bro. I think my whistle-blowing work is coming to a close now :-). This post I think is the last important whistle-blowing post.
---

No comments:

Post a Comment