Hotel California song adapted to FALSE BELIEF Madhu Baba and invisible so-called subtle body and group

Given below is the text of Shubha Ramesh Kumar's Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/shubha.kumar/posts/10158202715295538 (slightly edited), dated 7th April 2017

https://youtu.be/Cck1TMtVedA
The Hotel California song is actually a satire and someone summerised, "It's basically a song about the dark underbelly of the American dream and about excess in America, which is something we knew a lot about,”

This song perfectly is suited to describe the underbelly of the subtle cult.

'My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim' acutely describes the conditions of the subtle followers state of mind who give up the Path of Sai and take rest in the subtle because of their inability to move forward. The state of affairs is such that they are static nay going backwards but are convinced to assume they are galloping forward.

They followers also are not sure whether they are experiencing 'heaven or hell' . But the vociferous 'Welcome to the Hotel' din kills their discrimination and memories of Prasanthi. And they are continually Welcomed and Congratulated to have made it to this place which makes them blind to the darkness and pit they are in.

'Some come to remember Sai , some come to forget ' aptly describe the state of affairs of subtle followers because they are totally stuck to the body of Sai and not the Spirit of finding Him within. To alleviate their suffering they have to remember Him or forget him therein. Muddenhalli helps them that way because they are Not in position to inculcate His Divine message of self emancipation and Heart to Heart relationship.

Muddenhalli reality is creation of falsehood by the fickle-minded for the equally fickle-minded. It is a dark illusion, so dark that it actually manages to dim the brilliant light and caution of Sai in the hearts of these gullible people. The traveler in the Master's chambers eventually finds out that the steely knife of their illusion is actually stabbing the Spirit , that is the Life and Message and Memories of His own Sai.

So his discrimination of late makes him run away from the place to the Prasanthi , his heart wherein His Sweet Sai resides but alas the Maya and Bondage of Subtle satan is such that the traveler is free to leave but cannot leave. [Ravi: Perhaps the last part should be, 'the traveler is free to say he wants to leave but cannot leave.]

The adapted song perfectly describes the absolute scary hold of the subtle and the miserable plight of its followers.

- Chiran Basnet
--------------------------------------

Welcome to Hotel Muddenahalli where our real Swami will never ever give darshan!!!

On a dark NH 7 highway, Sai's Prasanthi in my head
Warm Memories of the Lord, rising up through the heart
Up ahead in the distance, I saw Nandi Hill lights
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night

There he stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then he lit up a candle and he showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the Hotel Muddenhalli
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel Muddenhalli
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find Sai here

His mind is Subtle-twisted, he got the Bentley Gold
He got a lot of silly, silly thought that he says is Sai
How they fool in the courtyard, subtle summer sweat.
Some come to remember Sai, some come to forget

So I called up the Captain,
"Please bring me my Sai"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since He went away"
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the Hotel Muddenhalli
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel Muddenhalli
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The Golden Lingam on ice
And he said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab their Lord with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the Spirit

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the Prasanthi I was before
"Relax, " said the Subtle man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

My head grew heavy , my sight grew dim so I got dragged to faint light of mdh!!

--- end text of Shubha Ramesh Kumar FB post ---

Given below is my text of my Facebook share of above mentioned Facebook post:
What a touch of genius to adapt the cult status Hotel California song to FALSE BELIEF Madhu Baba (Madhusudan Naidu) and invisible so-called subtle body and his devotees group who are diluting, distorting and corrupting the legacy and memories of our beloved Lord, Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba! I thoroughly enjoyed the satire! Congratulations to the author of the satire and thanks to sister Shubha Ramesh Kumar for sharing it.

Here's the official song video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrfhf1Gv4Tw, 6 min. 30 secs.
I also felt it appropriate to share my views on the original Hotel California song below.

Hotel California's lyrics about "high-life" in Los Angeles, California has a rather dark twist towards the end of the song.

Here are the lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eagles/hotelcalifornia.html

Here is an extract from the initial part of the song:
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
--- end extract ---

Ravi: So the listener clearly is told about the singer(s) wondering whether Hotel California is Heaven or Hell.

The dark twist stuff in the lyrics come towards the end of the song:

And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
--- end lyrics extract ---

The wiki page for the song, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_California, states, 'The lyrics of the song have been given various interpretations by fans and critics alike, the Eagles themselves described the song as their "interpretation of the high life in Los Angeles". In the 2013 documentary History of the Eagles, Henley said that the song was about "a journey from innocence to experience... that's all..."'

Ravi: Well, the above mentioned lines show that they clearly have a darkish angle to it. The words do not lend themselves to a simple interpretation of "a journey from innocence to experience... that's all...", even if that is how the song writer(s) thought about it! I mean, the words have assumed a meaning different from what the song writer seems to have meant! And the song has had a cult song type status for decades. It was released four decades ago in 1977.

In the past and even now when I listen to the song, I interpret it as Hotel California being a Hellish place but looking very nice and attractive from the outside like some Heavenish place. And at night (note the reference to the "night man") their true darkish/devilish nature comes to the fore at the feast. When the "innocent" people who got caught up in it, come to know of the truth and try to escape from the devilish Hotel California, they are prevented from doing so by the "night man" who tells them,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
--- end my Facebook share text ---

[I thank Eagles music band (Hotel California song), azlyrics.com, Shubha Ramesh Kumar and the author of the satire, and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above extracts from their song lyrics and Facebook post, respectively, on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more