Chief Justice Sri Dipak Mishra full speech (video) on Human Values and the Legal World, Jurist Conference - 11 Aug 2018 at Puttaparthi

Chief Justice Sri Dipak Mishra on Human Values and the Legal World, Jurist Conference - 11 Aug 2018, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu6BuicQv2M, around 42 minutes

I felt blessed to see this video of Hon'ble Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra's inauguration speech of the conference on Human Values and Legal World a few days ago in Prasanthi Nilayam, Puttaparthi.

He spoke so eloquently on spirituality. He quoted and chanted shlokas from Hindu scripture! I was bowled over by these parts of his speech.

I loved his few references to Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba (Swami) in this context. I don't think he has had darshan or interactions with Swami earlier like Supreme Court Justice Ramana (who was present on the dais). So Justice Misra references to Swami were few in this speech but all those references were very respectful of Swami, with one reference having Swami in the group of Buddha and Jesus Christ, at least in the eyes of some (Swami followers). I am very happy to hear these words. CJI Misra had to be respectful without being inaccurate in this matter. As of today, a small section of Indians view Sathya Sai as the Avatar and so in the same or similar category as Buddha and Jesus Christ, but it is, as of now, NOT the majority of Indians' view. CJI Misra's words stayed true to this fact and as a lover of truth, I am so happy that he stayed true to facts. [In this context, I felt it appropriate to mention that I have either heard or read Swami's discourses where he said that, during their lifetimes, Rama and Krishna Avatars were known to only relatively small number of people. Their fame spread across Bharat region of those days ***after*** their bodily passing away. I think the same can be said to apply to Shirdi Sai Baba who is far more well known and famous today in 2018, a century after his bodily passing away in 1918, than when he was alive (in physical form).]

Of course, CJI Misra dwelled on Indian consitution & law and supreme court judgements related to human values. He also covered references to spirituality in these.

I did not entirely understand some of his statements, especially the three principles he talked about in the initial part of his speech. I need to study it more carefully.

I intend to look for a full transcript of this speech. If it is not available, I will work on making one. I think this speech of the sitting Chief Justice of India delivered in Prasanthi Nilayam, is a very important one, in this first decade of post-Mahasamadhi Sathya Sai movement.

Comments

Archive

Show more