Michael Cohen tape threatening reporter Tim Mak of the Daily Beast to not publish article; I have faced something similar but on much lesser scale for my exposure of Muddenahalli group false belief and hijack on social media

Last updated on 29-Aug-2018

Warning: This post has some graphic swear words. Readers who prefer to not read such swear words may please skip reading the rest of this post.

As I became a whistle-blower exposing from early 2015 onwards on social media (Facebook and blog), Muddenhalli group false belief and Muddenahalli group hijack of Sai university, I got my first taste of people wanting to silence me. Initially it was polite comments on social media and even in person, where people advised me, some perhaps out of wanting to genuinely help me, to stay out of the matter, especially given the health problems that I face. I politely explained to them that I felt it is my duty to my beloved and revered Gurudev Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba to expose the false belief of Muddenahalli group as they are misguiding innocent Sathya Sai devotees using his HOLY NAME.

Later some trolls of Muddenahalli group using Facebook Fake IDs started threatening me. I later came to know that at least some of them are based in Melbourne, Australia. And I must also say here that there may be some person(s) from Puttaparthi itself, who may, I repeat may (as I don't have any proof), have helped them in their social media attacks on me. One Facebook troll (fake ID of Parthi Resident which was later changed to Venkatesh Babu) said that some Fake ID Mervyn Hughes is getting ready to file a (defamation) case against me. Note that I don't recall ever having stepped foot in a court of law in India or elsewhere.

Here are the details of that threat which has not materialized so far. Facebook fake ID Venkatesh Babu wrote sometime around early February 2017, "a case is being filed against you in Bangalore court. please prepare yourself..". Venkatesh Babu later wrote: "he is funding the court case. thats what I heard.. US dollar goes a long way in Indian rupees.." where 'he' is Facebook fake ID Mervyn Hughes. [Ref: Misrepresentation and fabrication by Parthi Resident/Venkatesh Babu against me; Beware of Arun Srinivas, alumnus of Muddenahalli school - Part 1, http://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2017/02/my-facebook-posts-related-to.html, dated February 2017]

If I recall correctly, the troll also said something about me being lucky that I did not get beaten up as I had exposed people of Sai university.

I told them that as I am somewhat old now and have health problems, I will fight them like how the old bird-king Jatayu fought the demon Ravana as he was kidnapping Mother Sita (from Ramayana epic). I told them that I was willing to even go to jail, if need be. Note that defamation is both a civil and a criminal offense in India. But, I told them, I will NOT stop exposing false belief of Muddenahalli group. Eventually they stopped their threats.

But that was some experience for me. I was around 53 years old when I started exposing Muddenahalli false belief in 2015 and, if I recall correctly, got viciously attacked and even threatened with legal case, on Facebook in 2016 & 2017, when I was 54 to 55 years old. For the first time in my life I had been threatened with a legal case and there were explicit words about beatings (though not a specific threat of a future beating). Note that during my professional career as software developer, manager & consultant mainly in international software development field, I led a largely protected and safe life in Mumbai and surrounding areas and, while on assignments & marketing trips, in Western Europe, USA, South Korea and Singapore.

So this tape of Michael Cohen threatening a reporter is of great interest to me. It was released in end May 2018 but the conversation was in 2015. I am very happy to note that Karma has come back to bite Michael Cohen and that he has plead guilty to some criminal acts in a US court of law and seems to be quite certain to face some jail time. For more, see the article: 'Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen pleads guilty, admits to making illegal payments at direction of candidate to influence election', https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/21/trumps-ex-lawyer-michael-cohen-strikes-plea-deal-nbc-news.html, 21st Aug. 2018.

Here's a video playing parts of the Michael Cohen threats tape:
Listen To Tape Of Michael Cohen Making Threats For Donald Trump | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxHz18_LQIM, published May 31st 2018.

I have transcribed below, the parts of the video having the threats that were made. Note that the article was to mention an alleged rape of spouse by Michael Cohen's client which Michael Cohen did not want to be mentioned. Also note that the person who had supposedly made the allegation of rape had later retracted it.

Michael Cohen speaking to then Daily Beast reporter Tim Mak: Today will be the day that you will regret. I know where you're going with this stupid story and I know what you're planning on doing. And if there's any inference, whatsoever, whether it's in the headline or any aspect of (your) article that indicates a rape, and I don't care about some small (bleep) line that you're gonna throw in somewhere.

Mark my words for it. I will make sure that you and I meet one day over in the courthouse and I will take you for every penny you still don't have, and I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know. Do not even think about going to where I know you're planning on going. And that's my warning for the day.

Reporter Tim Mak: Michael, besides the warning, do you have a substantive comment that I can include in my piece that reflects your views on this?

Michael Cohen: I have no views because there's no story.
...

Michael Cohen: You write whatever you want, but rest assured like I told Univision and like I told everybody else in the past, you can certainly look it up online. I swear (on) God and my children, I will find you. I will serve you personally. And I will be nothing but happy when I turn around and I get a judgement of defamation against you and the (bleep) paper you work for. Do you understand what I'm saying?
...

Michael Cohen: .. 24 frickin' years old? .. (You want me to destroy) your life? And it will be my privilege to serve it to you on a frickin' silver platter like I did that idiot from Pennsylvania, your Miss USA, because I think you're dumber than she is.

...

Reporter Tim Mak: Do you think that I am misinterpreting some of the facts here?

Michael Cohen: I know you are. Listen, my friend, don't be a smart ass with me. Do you understand me?

Reporter Tim Mak: I am not being a smart --- I am giving you an opportunity

Michael Cohen: I know you - I don't need your opportunity you little (bleep). I know exactly who you are and I know exactly what you do. And I know exactly the story you plan on writing. So I am warning you, tread very f***ing lightly because what I am going to do to you is going to be f***ing disgusting. Do you understand me? Don't think you can hide behind your pen because it's not going to happen.

Reporter Tim Mak: Look ..

Michael Cohen: I am more than happy to discuss it with your attorney and with your legal counsel because motherf***** you're going to need it.
...
Michael Cohen: Rest assured, you will suffer the consequences. So, you do whatever you want. You want to ruin your life at the age of 20?

I don't know a nicer way to put it.. I think you should go ahead and write the story that you plan on writing. I think you should do it because I think you're an idiot. Alright? And I think your paper is a joke, and it's going to be my absolute pleasure to serve you with a 500 million dollar lawsuit like I told I did to Univision.
...

Michael Cohen: You write a story that has --name-snipped-- name in it with the word rape and I am going to mess your life up for the rest - for as long as you're on this frickin' planet. I am going to turn around, you're going to have judgements against you for so much money, you'll never know how to get out from underneath it.

---- end parts of Michael Cohen tape transcript ---

Note that the Daily Beast and Tim Mak did not get intimidated. They seem to have run their story and Michael Cohen did NOT file any lawsuit against them.

Related article: LISTEN: How Michael Cohen Protects Trump By Making Legal Threats, https://www.npr.org/2018/05/31/615843930/listen-how-michael-cohen-protects-trump-by-making-legal-threats, 31st May 2018

In India too, I get the impression that lawyers, especially criminal lawyers, sometimes get into Michael Cohen type roles. I think some Indian lawyers, especially criminal lawyers, use their position as lawyers and use their knowledge of the law, to threaten people who are performing their duty in a Sathya-Dharma way. I am quite sure that such lawyers and criminal lawyers will have to face negative karmic consequences of their Asathya-Adharma behaviour. They may not get jailed in India like Michael Cohen seems to be headed for in USA. But Almighty God, I am quite sure, will punish them in some other way.
==================================================================

Given below are comments from my Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/2271672086382689, associated with this blog post :

Lisa De Witt wrote (slightly edited): Mervyn Hughes also threatened to sue me for telling about --name-snipped-- bossing me about what to post last year. He's probably some poor person!
----

Ravi S. Iyer wrote: Oh I see! These guys are the Michael Cohen equivalent of the Sathya Sai devotee community or those that call themselves Sathya Sai devotees even when they go against vital teachings of his related to mediums and communicators! I am sure they will face the negative karmic consequences of such actions of theirs. How can they escape it!
----

Terry Reis Kennedy wrote: THE FRAUDS ARE STILL TRYING TO SHUT US UP. I WENT THROUGH 5 YEARS OF THEIR SECRET BASHINGS AS WELL AS HIGHLY PUBLICIZED ATTEMPTS TO DESTROY ME. CLOSE FRIENDS OF MINE WHO WERE DEVOTEES OF SWAMI'S WHO LEFT THE FOLD AND SLID OVER TO THE DEMONS' NEST STILL CHASTIZE ME. EVEN PEOPLE IN PARTHI WHO DO NOT WORSHIP MADHU AND THE FRAUDS WANTS ME TO STOP POSTING ABOUT THEM. THEY WANT ME TO 'MOVE ON.'
----

[I thank MSNBC and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above transcript of the Michael Cohen tape they played in their above mentioned video, on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more