Happy to note that Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis is not seen in Muddenahalli group Navi Mumbai hospital sort-of inauguration event

Last updated on 1st Dec. 2018

As a former Mumbaikar and Dombivlikar, I was pleasantly surprised to note the absence of Hon'ble Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in my quick browsing of Muddenahalli group video of the event on 27th Nov. 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ekuvbqY5A.

They have termed the event as "Commencement of Medical Services, Sri Sathya Sai Sanjeevani, Navi Mumbai". They have not used the word, 'inauguration', but it seems like an inauguration event to me.

I am glad that Maharashtra CM Fadnavis did not attend and so did not share the stage with Cheap Imitator Madhusudan Rao Naidu. I don't know whether this was a conscious decision of the CM or simply a scheduling issue.

Now other Muddenahalli (MDH) group people were there. I guess these are people who need some physical form person to be able to relate to Sathya Sai and find it difficult to relate to Sathya Sai without some human mediator. That's their way in this post-Mahasamadhi period - we have to just accept it. I also think Indian freedom of worship laws give them that freedom of belief. Note that Madhusudan Rao Naidu's identity theft of Sathya Sai is different which I think can be challenged legally in Indian court of law if somebody is willing to file the legal challenge. But worshippers of Madhusudan Naidu who want to view him as Sathya Sai cannot be stopped from doing so, I think, as per my understanding of freedom of religious belief laws in India.

But if the Chief Minister promotes Madhusudan Rao Naidu's FALSE CLAIMS then it is a different matter. The CM is essentially accountable to the people of Maharashtra. He can be questioned on the matter on Maharashtra assembly floor. Further, he will also need the votes of people of Maharashtra to get re-elected and sometimes their support to stay in power.

So the CM has to act in a judicious manner and cannot blindly get associated with outrageous claims like that made by Madhusudan Rao Naidu, especially in a state like Maharashtra that is famous for its great lineage of saints and for Shirdi Sai Baba.

Now who knows, we may still see CM Fadnavis share the stage with Madhusudan Rao Naidu in future. But I hope and pray that that does not happen.

I must also say that I have no issue whatsoever with CM Fadnavis and Maharashtra government providing all necessary support for the free medical service done by this Muddenahalli group Navi Mumbai hospital. In fact, I think it is the duty of the CM and Maharashtra government to do so, as it benefits the citizens of Navi Mumbai and Maharashtra. But CM and Maharashtra govt. can do so without associating in any way with the outrageously FALSE CLAIMS of Madhusudan Rao Naidu wrt Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
============================================================

On my Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/2352000238349873, associated with this blog post, in response to a comment, I (Ravi) wrote (slightly edited):
--Name-snipped--. Thanks for your comment. Regarding my MDH stand your comment on my post: In light of Muddenahalli group planned inauguration of Navi Mumbai hospital, a detailed explanation of my stand on Muddenahalli group and their medical service activities, https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/2349693545247209, states that "your above article clarifies my doubts and is ok". So I will skip that part.

Regarding Maha CM and Muddenahalli group and Sri Sri Ravi Shankar institution activities: I agree that it is the duty of every CM to support good (service to society) activities in his/her state. That is why I have clearly explained that I have no issues with Maha CM and Maha govt. providing support to Muddenahalli group hospital in Navi Mumbai offering free medical service to the poor. I have also said that that is the duty of Maha CM and govt.

The issue is Maha CM sharing stage with Cheap Imitator Madhusudan Rao Naidu and what message that sends to Maha people. Let me cover that in another comment. [I later put it up as a new post instead of a comment.]
----

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote (slightly edited): --Name-snipped-- ji - I prefer not to comment on funding related aspects of Prasanthi Nilayam ashram/SSSCT nor of Muddenahalli group. Thanks.
----

Comments

Archive

Show more