In light of Muddenahalli group planned inauguration of Navi Mumbai hospital, a detailed explanation of my stand on Muddenahalli group and their medical service activities

Last updated on 1st Dec. 2018

Muddenahalli group with Madhusudan Naidu who now falsely claims to be Sathya Sai, is expected to inaugurate their Navi Mumbai hospital perhaps tomorrow 26th Nov. 2018. Mumbai and surrounding areas, including Navi Mumbai, was where I have spent most of the first four decades of my life. I was born in Mumbai, educated in Mumbai, worked for a living in Mumbai and saved money for early retirement while I was working in Mumbai. For some of these years I lived in Mumbai city and for some years in a city on its outskirts - Dombivli - from where I would commute by train to Mumbai for education and later work. I deeply love and am very grateful to Mumbai, its surrounding areas and Maharashtra state in general for having given me a reasonably happy and good life in the nearly four decades that I lived there.

Now Muddenahalli group is establishing itself via its free hospital which I believe is a pediatric cardiac care hospital, in my former city and its surrounding areas! I am deeply disturbed by this expected development. I condemn Muddenahalli group but I do not hate them and I do appreciate their free service to the poor. As I think my stand is a nuanced stand which neither fits in the main Puttaparthi supporters group stand nor, of course, the Muddenahalli group stand, I felt it appropriate to give a detailed explanation of my stand now as specific points.

* I condemn the FALSE BELIEF propagated by Muddenahalli group that Madhusudan Rao Naidu is Sathya Sai spirit in Madhusudan's body OR Sathya Sai's so called chosen communicator. I condemn and am deeply disturbed by the misguidance of thousands of Sathya Sai devotees and even innocent non-devotees who now seem to view Cheap Imitator and Guru Drohi Madhusudan Rao Naidu as Sathya Sai. [Guru Drohi means somebody who causes harm to his own Guru and/or Guru's mission.]

* I condemn the dilution and distortion of the memories and teachings of my beloved and revered Gurudev, Kali Yuga Avatar, Shiva Shakti Swarupa Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, by Madhusudan Rao Naidu who I now label as Guru Drohi (of Sathya Sai).

* While I condemn the horrible division that Muddenahalli group, in particular the Guru Drohis Shri B.N. Narasimhamurthy and Madhusudan Rao Naidu, has created in Sathya Sai movement, I do not view Muddenahalli group as a rakshasa/asura (demonic) group. Rakshasas and Asuras e.g. Ravanasura, as per Hindu scripture, killed good people and defiled and interfered with Vedic Yagnas. As some of them were very powerful and were able to defeat all the kings including the deva-kings, God took form as Avatars like Rama Avatar to destroy/kill these rakshasas and asuras. I view Muddenhalli group as a misguided, false prophet led, Guru Drohi led, splinter group of Sathya Sai movement which has harmed Sathya Sai movement in a very big way by their false claims, Guru Droham and the division they created in Sathya Sai movement. But I will not say they are rakshasas or asuras (demons). That, in my considered opinion, is going too far, given Hindu scriptural view of rakshasas and asuras.

* I accept as inescapable fact that Muddenahalli group's free medical service through its pediatric cardiac care service, is of great benefit to the poor of some states of India, and now will benefit the poor in and around Navi Mumbai, and in the state of Maharashtra in general. I appreciate this free service given to the poor by Muddenahalli group.

* [28th Nov. 2018 Update: CM Fadnavis did not attend the sort-of inauguration event. For more, please see my post: Happy to note that Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis is not seen in Muddenahalli group Navi Mumbai hospital sort-of inauguration event, https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2018/11/happy-to-note-that-maharashtra-cm.html, 28th Nov. 2018. end-Update] I consider it tragic that the Chief Minister (CM) of my former state of Maharashtra, Shri Devendra Fadnavis, will be sharing the stage with Guru Drohi Madhusudan Rao Naidu, as that will be viewed as support from the CM and Maharashtra government for Madhusudan Rao Naidu. While I understand that the CM has to support free service to the poor like that done by Muddenahalli group, it would have been best if he provided support for the medical service work but without sharing the stage with Guru Drohi of Sathya Sai - Madhusudan Rao Naidu.

* I condemn the promotion of Madhusudan Rao Naidu as Sathya Sai or Sathya Sai's so called communicator (FALSE CLAIMS) by Muddenahalli group hospital institutions. So while I appreciate their service to the poor, I condemn them using this medical service to the poor to promote Guru Drohi Madhusudan Rao Naidu and his FALSE CLAIMS.

* I do not comment upon how Sathya Sai orgns. and institutions are funded, and that applies to Muddenahalli group as well. Many in Puttaparthi supporters group are critical of me for this. I am not upset by their criticism, and am OK with it. Essentially my view of Muddenahalli group activities is not a complete view and has this big hole of no mention about how they gather their funds. Some people may reject this incomplete view and they have every right to reject it.

[As a matter of policy, throughout my association with Sathya Sai movement, first in Maharashtra Sathya Sai orgn. from early 90s to 2002, from end 2002 to March 2012 in Prashanti Nilayam ashram institutions run by Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust (SSSCT) in Puttaparthi, and from mid 2013 onwards as an independent social media writer on Sathya Sai movement related matters, who is a well wisher of SSSCT and Sathya Sai orgn. but not associated with them anymore, I have kept away from money matters related to Sathya Sai orgn./institutions. Note that in all my associations with Sathya Sai movement mentioned earlier, I have offered free service and not asked for nor received any money from any Sathya Sai orgn. or institution.]
======================================================

Given below are some comments from my Facebook post,  https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/2349693545247209, associated with this blog post:

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote (slightly edited):
--Name-snipped-- bro. Thanks for your comment. I am relieved to note that you have not attacked me :-).

I must also say here that one noteworthy thing for me in whatever little bit I viewed of the MDH Navi Mumbai event videos (2 events on 2 successive days), was a young lady who was compering the first day's event, (IIRC). She said words to the effect that she is C.Srinivas' daughter. I think this is the first time I am seeing a son/daughter of a Sai university alumnus, play a noteworthy role in a Sathya Sai community, even if it is MDH Sathya Sai community, event.

That was very pleasing to see. I pray to Bhagavan to continue to shower His Grace on her, though I also hope & pray that she does not get too caught up in belief in the imposter Madhusudan Naidu.
----

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote:
I assure you that I will be fair in my comments about MDH. Sathya & Dharma are dear to me, as has been taught to me by my family, by spiritual books that I have read since I was a child, as well as my beloved and revered Gurudev Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba (after my 30s), who (physical form) supported my following Sathya & Dharma in my hour of severe testing, brought about by some foolish spiritual practice I had got into. He did very sharply chastise me for my foolish spiritual practice. But he stood by Sathya & Dharma - and completely bowled me over by his adherence to Sathya & Dharma in my personal case. ... So I consider it is my sacred duty to Bhagavan to follow Sathya & Dharma when I write about PTP or MDH Sathya Sai related matters. Thanks.
----

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote:
One cannot say that Bhagavan is not in Muddenahalli. But Madhusudan Rao Naidu is NOT Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba and is not "communicating" the words of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. That is my considered view and consistent view since I started commenting publicly on this matter on social media from early 2015.
----

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote (slightly edited):

Hmm. So bro. --Name-snipped--, when are you going to start giving Darshan claiming that now you are Sathya Sai :-)! May be a little problematic though as Madhusudan may not fancy having competition!
...
Don't mean to put u into trouble :-). Just joking!
----

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote:
I have heard physical form Sathya Sai live in Sai Kulwant Hall saying that we should not take Padnamaskar of Him as we are God and He is God. So why should God take Padnamaskar of God! ... That was the awesome Upanishad level teachings and instructions that I have heard ***live*** from Sathya Sai (physical form). ... So if Madhu (or you) say that you now are God and have all powers like Sathya Sai's powers I will not get upset. I may or may not believe you but I will not get upset ... But Sathya Sai did not say that we all are Sathya Sai! ... See that's where the issue lies .... Madhu has clearly used the ****Great name of Sathya Sai *** to tap into ***mega-donors*** after Mahasamadhi... We know that history of Madhusudan even if you don't.
...
And bro. I was talking about you giving Darshan as Sathya Sai in Muddenahalli :-)! Not in Puttaparthi to me!
----

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote (slightly edited):

Yes bro. --Name-snipped-- Puttaparthi people will have very little tolerance for anybody who now gives Darshan as Sathya Sai .... But I am waiting for the day you will give that Darshan somewhere bro., if not Muddenahalli as that is Madhusudan turf now, maybe some other town in Karnataka. ... Now I think we will have to live with I-am-Sathya-Sai claimants like Madhu ... Then why be limited to just one guy ... The more the merrier :-) No?
----

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote (slightly edited):
Bro. --Name-snipped--, By the kind Grace of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba of Puttaparthi I am NOT interested in having darshan of I-am-Sathya-Sai claimants. So thanks for your kind offer - but no thanks :-).

However, I look forward to seeing bro. --Name-snipped-- giving darshan to ***others*** claiming that he is Sathya Sai now, in some youtube videos, perhaps in some famous London setting. How about Trafalgar Square? Come on bro. you can do it :-)!

Just joking! I don't want to put you into trouble. So please don't do it - that's my genuine advice.

P.S. Was not aware that you have kids! Hmm. All the best with raising them well bro. with good grounding in Sathya, Dharma, Shanti & Prema values! Not an easy task in these days, whether one lives in London or Mumbai or New York City ...
----

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote (slightly edited):
Thanks for your invite bro. --Name-snipped--. But I have dropped anchor in Puttaparthi. Nonetheless, thanks for the invite. Take care!
----

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote (M is a reference to Madhusudan Rao Naidu): Well, M may have some siddhis. So if M had become M Baba and demonstrated his siddhis and acquired a following, I would have no issues and would not label him as Cheap Imitator, Imposter and Guru Drohi of Sathya Sai. ... The problem is that he claims to be Sathya Sai (or his communicator) - that is a claim some of us have examined very closely, and based on Sathya Sai's own public declarations that he never will possess another person's body or use that person as a medium, we are sure is a false claim.

M is a big test in post-Mahasamadhi phase. Those who succumb to M's claims, in my considered opinion, expose their shallow exposure and understanding of Sathya Sai, even if some such persons have been physically close to Sathya Sai for decades. ... Note that Judas was also physically close to Jesus and yet betrayed him! Judas failed the spiritual test.

If you are getting attracted by M then you are in danger of falling into MDH false belief trap - that is my considered view. Then it is upto you and your destiny. Jai Sairam!
----

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote (slightly edited):
--Name-snipped-- bro. Faith is the big issue here! For me, one of the biggest benefits from having had Darshan, Sparshan and Sambhashan of physical form Sathya Sai, was how he solidified my faith not only in Him but in other Avatars and Hindu scripture in general. Today, I not only believe in Sathya Sai Avatar, but also in Shirdi Sai Avatar, Jesus Christ, Krishna, Rama ... and even Narasimha Avatar the man-lion who emerged out of a pillar in response to the devout prayer of the boy Prahlad who was challenged by his demon-father and which demon-father Narasimha killed!!! That is how Sathya Sai has solidified my faith in divinity and divine intervention in human lives and in society at large. ....People who are not Avatars but are realized souls and saints, I am sure, also would be of great benefit to sadhakas who go to them ...

Now sadhakas (jignyaasu) are a minority among the people who flock to sadhus and Avatars. It is the arthi and arthaarthi who are the majority - people who desire money and people who have some worldly desires to be fulfilled/worldly problems to be solved. Even for the worldly people, faith gets bolstered by association with genuine sadhus and realized souls, and even association with the good.

This I think is the truth ... Now there are fakes .. many fakes who misguide people who come to them and take them for a ride. But I think it is a great mistake to be so skeptical that one tars all saints and Avatars with the same brush and calls them all as fakes.

When mature worldly people buy some important and expensive worldly item, they make proper inquiries and get a proper assessment before they buy it. Otherwise there are many poor quality and conman type shops which will rip a worldly person off. A fool and his money are soon parted!

Similarly, before one goes to spiritual masters and saints and commits to them as a devotee/follower, one needs to make proper inquiries and make a proper assessment. ... Some people though get desperate for their worldly problems to be solved. Such people are prone to get trapped by fake spiritual so-called masters and so-called Swamis.
----
In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote (slightly edited):

--Name-snipped-- bro. My view is that if you have strong faith in your sadhana and are clear about what is to be done, then you can do it on your own. But most people are not so sure. Doubt is the very big issue in spiritual path. They want some spiritual master type figure to tell them, to reassure them, that they are on the right path. I think this reality of life cannot be ignored.
----

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote: Bro. I have a different view from yours which is very skeptical. But I do not have anything further to add. You are entitled to your view.
----

Comments

Archive

Show more