Documenting my part auto bio with pics - school and college education certificates and marksheets

Last updated on 24th May 2019

This post follows up on my previous post: Documenting my part auto bio with pics - computer software industry appreciation and experience letters, https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2018/12/documenting-my-part-auto-bio-with-pics_27.html.

My first school was English High School, Dadar, Bombay perhaps from Ist standard to VIth standard. I do not have any records of this. The school itself is not around now.

[To open pic in higher resolution, right-click on pic followed by open link (NOT image) in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]







Above pics are about my second school stint and the important Xth standard Maharashtra state board exam. The school was Cardinal Gracias High School, Bandra (East), Bombay, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinal_Gracias_High_School, and I studied there from VIIth standard to Xth standard, from mid 1974 to mid 1978.





Above pics are about the first two years at my first college, Ruia College, Matunga, Bombay,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramnarain_Ruia_College. The first two years, XIth and XIIth were referred to as Junior College, at the end of which there was an important XIIth standard Maharashtra state board exam.













Above pics are about the next three years at Ruia college for my B.Sc. Physics degree awarded by University of Bombay. First Year B.Sc involved three main subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Second Year B.Sc. had two main subjects: Physics and Chemistry. Third year B.Sc. focused only on Physics.

Three pics of the B.Sc. degree are shown above. The first (from top) pic of the original and laminated B.Sc. degree shows a bulge at the line where it is folded. The second pic of it was taken when the bulging part was held flat by weights on the sides. To eliminate the weights on the sides from the pic, I decided to show only the key inner part of the degree in this second pic of the B.Sc. degree. The third pic of the B.Sc. degree is of a zerox copy of the original degree.

I do not seem to have any records of my partial first year (perhaps around 6 months) M.Sc. (Physics - Electronics) with theory classes at University of Bombay, Kalina campus, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Mumbai#Kalina_Campus and practicals at Khalsa college, Matunga, Bombay, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_Nanak_Khalsa_College_of_Arts,_Science_%26_Commerce. My grand plan of earning money by conducting tuition classes for school and other students to self-finance my M.Sc. studies, and in parallel study well in M.Sc. did not work out properly. I think I fell behind my targets in both earning money and in my M.Sc. studies.

So I dropped out of M.Sc. after around 6 months. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I was able to get into the sunrise field of software development at an earlier age. In fact, two of my student colleagues in M.Sc. in Khalsa, joined the same company, Datamatics Ltd. that I had joined in March 1984, after they finished their M.Sc. (Physics). They would have finished M.Sc. sometime in mid 1985 and perhaps joined Datamatics a few months later. So I think I was around one and a half years senior to them in the software development field because I had dropped out of M.Sc. (Physics)!

=====================================

May-2019-Update:

Later, for the paperback book (grayscale) and for the ebook (colour), scanned images were taken of some of the pics given in this post. Colour versions of those scanned images are given below without any text captions. The text captions can be seen in corresponding camera pic in this post.




End-May-2019-Update
=====================================================================

Comments

Archive

Show more