Interesting to note that Bing and DuckDuckGo search on: statements of belief in god that is compatible with science, has my Facebook note in top results

Last updated on 17th Jan. 2020

The screenshots below show Bing and DuckDuckGo top results for search on:
statements of belief in god that is compatible with science
[To open pic in larger resolution, right-click on pic followed by open link (NOT image) in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]



My two note/post links shown in above screenshots, both of which have similar base contents but the second (blog post) has some additional inputs/thoughts, are:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/ravi-s-iyer/crisp-statements-of-belief-in-god-that-is-compatible-with-science/1889831711233397/

and

https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2017/04/feedback-on-my-adaptation-of-crisp.html

But Google search for the same search string does not list my post(s) in the first forty results (first 4 result pages). It shows a post with similar contents on my iami1.wordpress.com blog - https://iami1.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/crisp-statements-of-belief-in-god-that-is-compatible-with-science/ - as the 44th result (5th page). See screenshot below. Perhaps Google does not give Facebook posts/notes much weightage whereas Bing and DuckDuckGo do.



Yes, the title of the Facebook note matches the search string but even so, as the topic is so generic, I think it is noteworthy that Bing and DuckDuckGo list my note/post(s) in top ten results. And good to know that Google does list similar Wordpress post within top 50 results though only the very deeply interested will go up to the 5th page of results.

Making the search string less specific with the string given below, results in lower search ranks of my Facebook note:
belief in god that is compatible with science
The cropped screenshots below show Bing listing my Facebook note as the 4th result (highlighted result is also repeated as 2nd result) and DuckDuckGo as the 9th result.





Google search does not list my related Facebook or Wordpress or Blogger note/post in its top fifty results!
========================================

I received three responses over email with some of them congratulating me and sharing my happiness over the top Bing & DuckDuckGo search ranking. Given below is a slightly edited version of one of my responses:
Sairam --name-snipped-- sir,

Thanks for your appreciation.

For me, the important thing is that while Dr. Collins' statements of belief were limited to Christian faith, my post has an attempt at expanding it to multiple faiths. Those interested in searching for such crisp statements of belief in multi-faith God that is compatible with science, may be able to easily get my post (and its attempt at that) through Bing/DuckDuckGo search.

I am into joy but not pride. So I am joyful about it and appreciate you sir, sharing my joy.

Thanks & Regards
-----

Comments

Archive

Show more