Last updated on 30th June 2019
My name is Ravi S. Iyer. I am a social media writer (blogs and Facebook) mainly on spirituality and religion but also on miscellaneous topics. I am a Physics graduate from Ruia college, University of Bombay (Mumbai), and a retired international software consultant (software technologist), currently based in Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh, India.
I am deeply grateful to Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba and try hard to follow His teachings but am not successful all the time :-).
Ravi's self-published books
1) Who am I? I am I - Ultimate Existential Reality Answer; Vedanta; God and Science conversation
Ebook version is available for free download here: https://iami1.wordpress.com/consolidated-blog-content-document/.
Paperback version can be bought here: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07K7M2963. Other paperback sale page links are given here: https://iami1.wordpress.com/printed-blogbook/.
2) Autobiography of an Indian Software Techie and Spiritual Aspirant – Part 1 (sub-titled "Covers Mumbai & Dombivli based life with some foreign stints, till 2002 (age 40)")
This blog page: https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/p/autobiography-of-indian-software-techie.html maintains the links for free download of ebook version of above book.
Paperback version can be bought here: https://pothi.com/pothi/book/ravi-s-iyer-autobiography-indian-software-techie-and-spiritual-aspirant-%E2%80%93-part-1.
Ravi’s spirituality and religion blogs
- http://ravisiyer.blogspot.com is a blog about Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba and other spiritual & religious matters.
- http://iami1.wordpress.com is a humble exploration of and views on the God & Science conversation (done after August 2011), and little more. When teachings of religions or miracles mentioned in Holy Scripture are referred, as far as I recall, no mention is made of any contemporary or near-contemporary religious leader/founder – the attempt is to emphasize spiritual teachings/paths/philosophy/knowledge which may be viewed as universal though the Hindu way of expressing them is used. It must also be mentioned that a few posts are specific to Hinduism.
- http://ravisiyermisc.blogspot.com/ is my main miscellaneous topics blog covering non-spiritual topics like human interest, politics etc.
- http://ravisiyer.wordpress.com/category/misc/ is a miscellaneous blog focused on technical stuff.
Ravi’s Facebook page
facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7 . Most of my blog posts on the various blogs mentioned here are also put up on my Facebook account as posts with public access. I get a lot more feedback and interactions on my Facebook posts than on my blog posts. Earlier I used to call myself as a blogger but since I got on to Facebook in early 2015 or so, Facebook has become a significant part of my social media writing as well as reading, and, at times, sharing, experience. So I now call myself a social media writer to more accurately reflect my writer work involving both blogs and Facebook.
Ravi now spends very limited time on these software related blogs/sites (he has retired from the software field).
He had worked in the international software industry (US, Europe, Japan, South Korea, India etc.) developing systems as well as applications software (CS & IT) for over 18 years after which he retired from commercial work.
Later, mainly as a “visiting faculty”, he offered free service of teaching programming courses (lab. courses) and being a “technical consultant” for student projects in a Maths & Computer Science department of a deemed university in India for 9 years.
He is a Physics Graduate (and Physics Masters drop-out) who was industry trained and later self-taught in software development.
These are Ravi’s blogs/websites related to software:
- Peaceful and amicable, Indian CS & IT academic reform activism via http://eklavyasai.blogspot.in/p/table-of-contents.html.
- http://raviiyerteaches.wordpress.com has course material (including links to external US university sites) of some of the computer programming (software lab.) courses taught by me in the aforementioned Mathematics & Computer Science department of a deemed university.
- [Activity suspended due to lack of time] “Service to Society” Free and Open Source IT software development especially aimed at rural Indian society via the site http://raviiyer.org.
Ravi’s Twitter account: twitter.com/RaviSaiIyer
Ravi's public email (e-mail) id: firstname.lastname@example.org [This is the public email id of Ravi S. Iyer, social media writer based in Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh, India]
Ravi’s software professional biodata (Last updated on 19th March 2012)
Ravi’s industry work-experience (Last worked in software industry in Aug. 2002)