Admire the way Archbishop of Canterbury and his mother have handled shocking DNA revelation about his father

I admire the way the archbishop and his mother have handled this matter. What candour! And they state that their faith in Jesus Christ has redeemed their lives! Wonderful of them to share these aspects of their lives and how faith helped them overcome some of their failings or challenges.

A short extract from article, Archbishop of Canterbury learns real father was Churchill's private secretary, http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36002621?SThisFB, dated April 9th 2016 :

He [Archbishop of Canterbury, The Most Reverend Justin Welby, 60 years of age] added: "I know that I find who I am in Jesus Christ, not in genetics, and my identity in him never changes...

"Although there are elements of sadness, and even tragedy in my father's (Gavin Welby's) case, this is a story of redemption and hope from a place of tumultuous difficulty and near despair in several lives."

A short extract from article, Lady Williams: 'This DNA evidence has come as an almost unbelievable shock', http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/08/lady-williams-this-dna-evidence-has-come-as-an-almost-unbelievab/, dated April 8th 2016, where Lady Williams writes, "But none of this would have been possible without our firm Christian faith and a determination never to relinquish hope. God has given us so much and my gratitude knows no bounds."

[I thank bbc.com and telegraph.co.uk and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above very short extracts from their websites on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more