Last updated on 28th Feb. 2021
My name is Ravi S. Iyer. I am a social media writer (blogs and Facebook) mainly on spirituality and religion but also on worldly topics covering social issues, history including Information Technology history, democracy & free speech, government policies & related politics, movies & songs and general human-interest matters. I have also self-published a few books. I am a Physics graduate from Ruia college, University of Bombay (Mumbai), and a retired international software consultant (software technologist), currently based in Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh, India.
I am deeply grateful to Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba and try hard to follow His teachings but am not successful all the time. I have my fair share of human flaws. I think it is appropriate for me to mention here that I pray to Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba everyday.
My pic from 1990s (I prefer not to publicly share more current pics of mine, as of now at least):
Ravi's self-published books
1) Who am I? I am I - Ultimate Existential Reality Answer; Vedanta; God and Science conversation
Ebook version is available for free download here: https://iami1.wordpress.com/consolidated-blog-content-document/ (short link: http://bit.ly/whoami-iami ).
Paperback version can be bought here: https://www.amazon.in/Who-Ultimate-Existential-conversation-iami1-wordpress-com/dp/164650349X. Other paperback sale page links are given here: https://iami1.wordpress.com/printed-blogbook/.
Book feedback page: https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/p/feedback-on-my-book-who-am-i-i-am-i.html.
2) Autobiography of an Indian Software Techie and Spiritual Aspirant – Part 1 (sub-titled "Covers Mumbai & Dombivli based life with some foreign stints, till 2002 (age 40)")
This blog page: https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/p/autobiography-of-indian-software-techie.html maintains the links for free download of ebook version of above book as well as paperback sale page links.
Paperback version on amazon.in: https://www.amazon.in/Autobiography-Indian-Software-Spiritual-Aspirant/dp/1645874087.
Book feedback page: https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/p/feedback-on-my-book-autobiography-of.html.
3) Indian Computer Science (CS) & Information Technology (IT) Academic Reform (Past) Activism Blog Book (sub-titled "eklavyasai.blogspot.com (main work years: 2011 to 2014)")
This blog page: https://eklavyasai.blogspot.com/p/indian-computer-science-cs-information.html maintains the links for free download of ebook version of above book as well as paperback sale page links.
Book feedback page: https://eklavyasai.blogspot.com/p/feedback-on-indian-computer-science-cs.html.
Ravi’s spirituality and religion blogs
- http://ravisiyer.blogspot.com is a blog about spiritual & religious matters.
- http://iami1.wordpress.com is a humble exploration of and views on the God & Science conversation (done after August 2011), and little more. When teachings of religions or miracles mentioned in Holy Scripture are referred, as far as I recall, no mention is made of any contemporary or near-contemporary religious leader/founder – the attempt is to emphasize spiritual teachings/paths/philosophy/knowledge which may be viewed as universal though the Hindu way of expressing them is used. It must also be mentioned that a few posts are specific to Hinduism.
- https://ravisiyermisc.blogspot.com/ is my main non-spiritual / worldly (miscellaneous) topics blog covering social issues, history including Information Technology history, democracy & free speech, government policies & related politics, movies & songs and general human-interest matters.
- https://ravisiyer.wordpress.com/category/misc/ is focused on miscellaneous user level technical stuff.
Ravi’s Facebook page
facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7 . Most of my blog posts on the various blogs mentioned here are also put up on my Facebook account as posts with public access. I get a lot more feedback and interactions on my Facebook posts than on my blog posts. Earlier I used to call myself as a blogger but since I got on to Facebook in early 2015 or so, Facebook has become a significant part of my social media writing as well as reading, and, at times, sharing, experience. So I now call myself a social media writer to more accurately reflect my writer work involving both blogs and Facebook.
Ravi now spends very limited time on these software related blogs/sites (he has retired from the software field).
He had worked in the international software industry (US, Europe, Japan, South Korea, India etc.) developing systems as well as applications software (CS & IT) for over 18 years after which he retired from commercial work.
Later, mainly as a “visiting faculty”, he offered free service of teaching programming courses (lab. courses) and being a “technical consultant” for student projects in a Maths & Computer Science department of a deemed university in India for 9 years.
He is a Physics Graduate (and Physics Masters drop-out) who was industry trained and later self-taught in software development.
These are Ravi’s blogs/websites related to software:
- Peaceful and amicable, Indian CS & IT academic reform activism via https://eklavyasai.blogspot.com.
- http://raviiyerteaches.wordpress.com has course material (including links to external US university sites) of some of the computer programming (software lab.) courses taught by me in the aforementioned Mathematics & Computer Science department of a deemed university.
- [Activity suspended due to lack of time] “Service to Society” Free and Open Source IT software development especially aimed at rural Indian society via the site https://raviiyer.org.
Ravi’s Twitter account: twitter.com/RaviSaiIyer
Ravi's public email (e-mail) id: email@example.com [This is the public email id of Ravi S. Iyer, social media writer based in Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh, India]
Ravi’s software professional biodata (Last updated on 23rd Feb. 2020)
Ravi’s industry work-experience (Last worked in software industry in Aug. 2002)
17th March 2020: Created short link: http://bit.ly/ravisiyer for this page.