My comment in favour of religious education in schools on Hindu article quite critical of it

Today's The Hindu carries this article quite critical of religious education in schools, Indoctrination in the guise of education, http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/indoctrination-in-the-guise-of-education/article7045761.ece.

I added the following comment to the article web page above:

I am for religious education in schools but it should emphasize the common moral values along with the power of prayer to God/Divine power, that all religions mentioned by the author: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, etc., must be having. [I say, must be having, as I have not studied all these religions.] I think it should also include ethical values followed by humanist atheist and agnostic groups in India, however small their number may be.

Any divisive aspects of scripture of various religions should not be included in the school education syllabus.

--- end comment ---

The above comment has been accepted i.e. put up on the above mentioned webpage of The Hindu article.

Comments

Archive

Show more