Mervyn Hughes is LYING about me; Request VijaySai B.S.​ and Sai Keshav​ to help establish the truth about me

Last updated on 21st April 2020

21st April 2020 Update: I had an inner urge to name-snip the names of some person(s) in this post and so have done so.

[The contents below are from my Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/1681313705418533?comment_id=1681316582084912.]

I initially wanted to simply ignore Mervyn Hughes latest political style attack on me (see https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=701647949971692&set=a.305212276281930.1073741825.100003794812983) where this fake-Facebook-ID fellow, Mervyn Hughes, says about me, "... Ravi S. Iyer, a hilarious nerd who would try to shift blame of every ill (including global warming) to --Name1-snipped-- ex VC. These people were non-existent when Swami was present in His physical form and have no credibility to comment on any issue ..."

But today I saw bro. @Aravind Balasubramanya​'s post, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208431944460249&set=a.10204054805874520.1073741830.1355430781, about a board at Muddenahalli with a twisted quote of Sathya Sai, "Till now Darshan was meditation, but now mediation will be Darshan." Note that the second m-word in the sentence is mediation and not meditation. Given the history of significant levels of variance between Sathya Sai teachings & instructions and what is spouted at Muddenahalli in the name of Sathya Sai, I will not dismiss the above as a typo, unless Muddenahalli fellows make the correction as soon as possible.

[Update: Bro. Sai Keshav wrote in a comment on this post (shown below), "I saw the pic posted by brother Aravind and I have already checked with the incharge at Muddenahalli, it is confirmed that it was indeed a typo and that board was already taken down for corrections ..." end-Update.]

The comment I made on this post is as follows:
This is like the twisted ideology that Animal Farm of George Orwell, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Farm, so brilliantly portrayed in relation to Stalinist Russia. But this stuff is being played out live and now in Muddenahalli with the twisted ideology being Muddenahalli teachings in the name of our beloved Sathya Sai!!! Daylight robbery of Sathya Sai teachings. ONLY a High Court or even Supreme Court level Public Interest Litigation may be able to STOP THIS twisted ideology from gaining more & more currency.
--- end comment ---

In the light of such twisting of Sathya Sai teachings being propagated in India and the world by Muddenahalli group I changed my decision to ignore fake-ID Mervyn's above-mentioned political style attack on me. Perhaps some innocent (including new) Sathya Sai devotees may benefit by my debunking fake-ID Mervyn's allegations against me.

1) The hilarious nerd bit can be laughed off :-).

2) Blaming every ill (including global warming) on --Name1-snipped--: I think Sai devotees who read this post should check whether I have blamed global warming on --Name1-snipped-- ex VC. They will find that there is no such mention on my Facebook posts or blog posts. In other words, Mervyn Hughes is a LIAR.

3) I have been included in the list of people who were non-existent when Swami was in physical form. Now I was in SSSIHL (Sai university), Prasanthi Nilayam campus, from Jan. 2003 to March 2012, and had the privilege of enjoying Swami darshan in Sai Kulwant Hall almost every day when he was in Prasanthi Nilayam during the period Oct. 2002 (when I shifted to Puttaparthi) to Mar. 2011. [I do not want to mention here my previous Sai orgn. involvement as that may be an unnecessary detail in this context.] But how do we confirm this and once again show that Mervyn Hughes is a LIAR? Let me request the help of two persons associated with Muddenahalli group and who were on stage in Muddenahalli 90th Birthday celebrations, who are my Facebook friends, VijaySai B.S. and Sai Keshav. Both these Sai brothers do not know me personally. But they can check with one or more of the following three persons who I think will be easily accessible to them in Muddenahalli to confirm my past association with SSSIHL, Prasanthi Nilayam campus, and thereby show that Mervyn Hughes is WRONG to state that I was non-existent when Swami was in physical form:

a) Prof. G.V. Prabahakar Rao (also referred to as Prabhakar Gouripeddi or by his initials, GVP) who is the author of this initial post in this Muddenahalli group blog, http://reconnectsrisathyasai.blogspot.in/2014/07/preface.html, dated July 20th 2014. Prof. G.V. Prabhakar Rao was my senior in the Dept. of Mathematics & Computer Science, SSSIHL, Prasanthi Nilayam campus. We used to sit in the same room (AI Lab.) He can confirm to VijaySai and Sai Keshav that I was teaching software lab. courses in DMACS and acting as tech. consultant to M.Tech. (CS) projects from Jan. 2003 to Mar. 2012.

b) Bro. Siddhant Chandrashekar was one of the male Master of Ceremonies (M.C.) in the 90th Birthday celebrations event at Muddenahalli. I have taught him software lab. courses when he was an M.Tech. (Computer Science) student in DMACS, SSSIHL, PN campus. So VijaySai and Sai Keshav can check with him too.

c) While I have not seen him on stage in Muddenahalli videos or any social media post related to Muddenahalli from him, Dr. Hanumantha Rao Naidu is the younger brother of Sri Madhusudhan Rao Naidu, and I believe he is associated with Muddenahalli group (doing some research stuff perhaps). I have taught Hanumantha Rao Naidu software lab. courses, and he was a junior teacher-colleague of mine later on. We have even jointly taught at least one software lab. course (C++ programming). VijayaSai and Sai Keshav can ask Hanumantha about me to confirm my statement above. If they don't know him they can ask Sri Madhusudhan Rao Naidu to put them in touch with his younger brother.

--- end points from Mervyn Hughes political style attack on me ---

Ravi: I can understand that my posts aimed at unearthing the truth related to the OUTRAGEOUS CLAIMS made by Sri Madhusudhan Rao Naidu in relation to so called subtle body of Sri Sathya Sai Baba based in Muddenahalli, is causing disturbance to some in the Muddenahalli group and so I have become the target of political style (verbal) attacks. I was well aware of this possibility when I started BOLDLY and PUBLICLY QUESTIONING Madhusudhan Rao Naidu's claims on social media. That's part of the burden of helping innocent Sai devotees stay out of FALSE BELIEF traps. I see such PUBLIC QUESTIONING of OUTRAGEOUS CLAIMS made in the name of Sri Sathya Sai Baba as my duty to both Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, my beloved Gurudev, and to the Sathya Sai fraternity, and so I am doing it. [And I don't get paid any money for it at all, nor do I expect any money for this service in future; but I do earn some enemies like Mervyn Hughes for free :-) .]

I earnestly pray to Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba of Puttaparthi to protect me, and I am utterly confident that he will protect me, from any EVIL DESIGNS of people like Mervyn Hughes and co. who seem to want to MUZZLE people like me and STOP INCONVENIENT & UNCOMFORTABLE QUESTIONS about Sri Madhusudhan Rao Naidu's claims being aired publicly.

Sathyannaasthi Paro Dharmaha! [There is no Dharma higher than the TRUTH!] Jai Sairam!

================== end post content =============

Given below are some comments from the Facebook post associated with the above contents:

Ravi S. Iyer responded to a comment from VijaySai B.S.:
Thanks bro. VijaySai B.S. Could you also help me with establishing the truth that I was with SSSIHL, PN campus from Jan. 2003 to Mar. 2012, and was "existent" when Swami was in physical form?
----

[Sharing small comment] VijaySai B.S. wrote:
Everyone knows that brother. All of us know that you were a faculty in SSSIHL, PN campus.
----

Ravi S. Iyer responded:
Thank you so much bro VijaySai B.S. as this will allow neutral and pro-MDH people to know that, on this point, Mervyn Hughes is wrong. BTW just for clarification to readers, my designation during this period on my Identity cards issued by Principal, SSSIHL, PN campus, had either Honorary Staff or Honorary Faculty or Visiting Faculty. I am not a regular academic as I am a former international software industry guy who offered free service to SSSIHL, PN campus from Jan. 2003 to Mar. 2012. I was not bothered really about the designation (except when that got used by the HOD against me) as I viewed the service as a great opportunity given by Bhagavan to me to serve Him.
----

A small extract from Sai Keshav's comment, "Sairam Sir Ravi S. Iyer,Firstly I would want to say that I completely trust and believe that you have been in swami's Proximity from a long time and I don't really need to ask anyone to confirm this for I know the kind of a wonderful soul you are from the time we are friends on Facebook."
---

Ravi S. Iyer responded:
Bro Sai Keshav: Thanks a ton for your quick response. Thanks also for your very kind words about me though I must say that I do have my flaws and try hard to correct them.

Noted that the board matter is a typo. Have updated my post above. Request you to post a pic of corrected board at which time I can make substantial changes to my post on this matter.

Noted your info. about Preetham and Gautham (informing you that they are) not operating fake-ID Mervyn Hughes, and that you are not doing it either. I trust you as I must say that you have been very honest and fair in all your interactions with me on Facebook and so I do have a high opinion of you as a good Sai university alumnus. I will pass on this info. and your "much love" :-), to both Terry & --name-snipped--.

[I should also say that I have a high opinion of bro. VijaySai B.S. as a former Sai university alumnus and faculty based on my many FB interactions with him, and that I trust him too.]
---

Comments

  1. Brother Ravi...Why do you bother for such people? Why can't you simply block them?
    I mean just give a damn to such people. Please, don't bother unnecessarily about such things and do take care of your health. God bless you! Swami will surely protect you from vile people. You are not doing anything wrong but you really made me laugh. Brother it is the holiest service to make someone laugh who has not laughed for long. I laughed in my room like anything reading the stupid comment of Mervyn Hughes...I agree when we are in trouble we do discuss such things. I can understand your position. Aapki jagah par koi bhi hota toh vo aisa hi karta. Great to know about a person like you Brother. I appreciate you for your transparency and clarity of opinions. Sai Ram :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I had to respond to show innocent Sai devotees who are getting attracted to MDH but who happen to view my post realize that even MDH supporters like VijaySai and Sai Keshav disagree with Mervyn Hughes and that Mervyn Hughes cannot be viewed as a truthful person.

      Delete
    2. Brother I agree with you. Truth is very sharp and people can't tolerate it. I read how few persons refute you and make fun of you which is bad. I'm into teaching profession. I taught at a prestigious women College in Chandigarh I'm a Research Scholar at Panjab University. I know what it means to be a Professor. For a Visiting or Guest faculty things are quite different. They are expected to follow the commands of their HOD. At times your Principal would support you when your HOD won't and at times your HOD would support you when your Principal won't...I've heard from friends that such things happen. Yes, academic politics natural. I've heard of cases like that. I think your HOD was probably worried about studies of students. Usually HOD's just care about Results and knowledge in a particular subject. For most of them nothing else is more important. Moreover, you see I believe you were not egoistic but just valuing yourself and maintaining self-respect when you took your decision. As far as your VC is concerned no one has got the right to shout at anyone who is doing good work. There is a limit to everything. I mean you were not committing theft. Your students would have gained something positive from their stint at SSSVV. For people who don't understand you, be assured they are those who don't understand what ideals Swami stood for. Take care. God bless you with good health :)
      Sai Ram :)

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. OMG! I'm impressed. You are such an Original Man. Oh! God. I can't believe it. You sound to me like a Character Howard Roark from Ayn Rand's 'The Fountainhead'. Someone fit for preaching Individual Rights. Great! But you see Professors, who are established and regular- they don't find problem in standing for their rights. My very own Guide/Supervisor is a renowned Professor, with many works to her credit and she is respected at an International level for her contribution to the subject. She is one who is known for standing for many issues and speaking fearlessly. She is considered to be very bold when it comes to dealing with administrative issues. When it comes to academics people say that there is no one like her in Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana. Even I was not aware of this when I started working with her. But slowly slowly I realized what people said was Truth indeed. She is into teaching and research because that is her passion not for profession. She has made such a name for herself in India and abroad. She also gained a degree in Law because she felt it was necessary to study legal aspects related to the subject, some say that she was inspired by her husband who is also an established Advocate. I never got time to ask her what made her study Law after so many years of teaching. I see it as an achievement for a woman who has grown up children and family to take care of.
      You seem to me like my Supervisor/Guide - fearless and bold. Really appreciate you for honesty, integrity but I feel calling someone MAD publicly is not good, I mean my mother always scolds me when I call someone MAD. They say if I do that even for one person who is wrong, I would get a habit of repeating it for others. I know, I understand you, what you might have gone through it is natural for you to behave like this. I don't refute you but I'm so surprised that one can call someone MAD so openly.
      Though I feel everyone is MAD in this world. We all have some form of craziness and madness in us. Some might have madness for food, some for watching television, some for ice-creams, some for chocolates and some for junk food, some are mad after cosmetics, some after designer dresses, some are mad after jewellery, some are mad after luxuries and so on for other worldly objects.
      I have madness for books, ice-creams and sweets and yes for good food specifically South Indian Food and Bengali sweets. You can also call me MAD for my books. My parents even joke if I was South Indian in my past life, I feel may be...LOL :0)) :) :)
      Thanks for your concern. My HOD is a woman and my previous HOD was also a woman who were very supportive and kind. In fact they treated me like their own child.
      So, thanks, will see your blog for inquisitiveness to know about reality.
      Sai Ram :)

      Delete
    5. Well, I am just an international software industry guy who expects fair treatment and will not tolerate abuse of power from any academic administrators no matter how fancy their designations may be (Registrar, Vice-Chancellor, HOD etc.) ...About the MAD word: Well, I was being polite actually :-). There are times when a spade has to be called a spade. Adharma which wrecks an institution should be fought and not tolerated.

      Delete
    6. One comment of mine made on December 1, 2015 at 4:55 PM will shortly be deleted as I do not want a particular name mentioned there to be displayed on this post. The following comments will be little hard to understand because of this missing comment. Apologies to readers.

      Delete
  2. Below are the quotes by famous author Ayn Rand. Hope they inspire you and others who visit this Blog.

    Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).

    Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values.

    Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.

    Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values.

    Do not ever say that the desire to 'do good' by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives.

    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.

    The worst guilt is to accept an unearned guilt.

    ~Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am not a fan of Ayn Rand but the above quotes seem fine to me at first glance.

      I do not want to get into an argument about Ayn Rand and her philosophy. I don't have any issues If you are a fan of hers, and I wish you well.

      Delete
    2. I don't mind arguments...if they are logical and if they make sense, if they are true. What many people speak about Ayn Rand is not true. They have projected her in a very negative manner. Few years back I didn't even try to read about her. I read her first work in 2013. I then read other works. I'm not an Atheist. I'm very much disciplined daughter-very much Indian. Very traditional in terms of what a girl must be like but very broad when it comes to ethics, values and honesty and defending myself...I know Martial Arts. But still I believe that there are many other aspects of Ayn Rand which people don't know. If you read her basic philosophy you would understand what she meant and what people just ignore. When it comes to Art people see things which are insignificant- like they would talk cheap but they ignore the significant aspect of someone's work. Taking into consideration significant aspect of Art is all about appreciating Art. We must look deeper into Art to understand inner significance of it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Archive

Show more