My comment on news articles in Zee News and CNN-IBN on Madhusudhan Naidu

Here are two recent articles from Zee News and CNN-IBN (both are Indian national TV media channels) which state that Madhusudhan Naidu claims to be a reincarnation of Sri Sathya Sai Baba:

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/has-puttaparthi-sai-baba-reincarnated-as-madhu-baba-of-bengaluru_1825306.html

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/india/ahead-of-sathya-sai-babas-90th-birthday-karnataka-man-claims-he-is-babas-reincarnation-1167669.html

I added the following comment to both the above article-webpages (slightly edited):

Madhusudhan Naidu FALSELY CLAIMS to be a so-called communicator who can see and interact with an invisible-to-others so called subtle body/subtle form/light body of Sri Sathya Sai Baba. He does not claim to be a reincarnation of Sri Sathya Sai Baba.

Sadly, many Sathya Sai devotees from India and abroad have got trapped and deluded by Madhusudhan Naidu into believing his claims to be true. That has allowed them to attract lot of funds especially from foreign devotees of Sathya Sai, and start their own spiritual and charitable mission. It has to be noted that this mission that Madhusudhan Naidu is involved with does provide free medical and either free/heavily subsidized educational services in some parts of India which benefit the poor and the needy.

My considered view is that the credit for these wonderful services to the poor & needy sections of Indian society has to go to the POWER of the name and image of Sri Sathya Sai Baba, rather than any impersonation-type actions of Madhusudhan Naidu.
--- end comment ---

Comments

  1. Sairam Sir, I have a request. I do have a blog of my own and after nearly 2 years I put up one post today.

    http://voyagetowardstheself.blogspot.in/2015/11/my-first-raksha-bandhan-with-my-beloved.html

    I would be happy if you read this and leave your comments. If possible, please read through my other posts too. If you want, you can delete this comment without even posting it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought some readers may want to note the comment I made on sister Aarthi's blog post mentioned above, http://voyagetowardstheself.blogspot.in/2015/11/my-first-raksha-bandhan-with-my-beloved.html, and so have copy-pasted my comment on that post, below (slightly edited to fix a typo or two):

    Sairam Aarthi,

    I am very happy that Swami, in 2013, responded to your earnest prayers/requests in a manner which filled you with joy and sustained or increased your faith in Swami. The post is a very touching one full of devotion. Wonderful!

    Now I need to say that I am not that knowledgeable about such devotional experiences of Sai devotees - health issues being resolved through prayer, answers coming from randomly opened page in Sai book, rose falling etc. Of course, I know that many Sai devotee have such REAL devotional experiences. And I firmly believe that intense devotion has the power to manifest divine power in our ordinary material lives and respond to the earnest prayer. But I have not myself got into this path so much after Mahasamadhi (prior to that it was very, very different as at Darshan time I felt I could get the facial gesture response for my thoughts/actions/prayers from Bhagavan when his eyes would fall on me or sometimes in a discourse that he would give LIVE in Sai Kulwant Hall; as simple and as convenient as that). I mean, my attitude to my health problems nowadays is, after doing the required worldly level medical attention bit, to pray to Swami to give me the strength to bear what I have to bear, and only if the health problem becomes very acute which I cannot bear do I pray to Swami to resolve it. Perhaps for me nowadays it is a combination of witness-like Jnana margam experience of life combined with Nishkaama karma and Bhakti including the surrender aspect of Bhakti.

    Your nature and situation may be such that Draupadi like Bhakti towards Krishna is what suits you. What I have observed in the Sai fraternity in general is that a lot of women have that kind of relation with Swami. And their faith in Swami is also typically far stronger with the capability to withstand tests, even if they may get angry with Swami at times for things not working out as expected. I recall reading somewhere that Swami said that the first persons to recognize Swami's divinity and have faith in Swami were the ladies in Swami's family (sisters and perhaps mother too). I have been told by a Swami relative who can currently be viewed as an elder, about one gentleman from his parent's generation who spent a lot of time with Swami when Swami was a very young miraculous boy (before declaring his Avatarhood at Uravakonda in 1940, if I got that year right). This gentleman being quite senior in age to Swami did not initially view Swami as a divine child even though he had affection for Swami! Somehow I think that, in general, women intuit such matters far better than men, thereby recognizing divinity faster and developing deeper faith in divinity, than men. Fascinatingly, as mentioned earlier, that seems to have been the case in the family of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Archive

Show more