My view about PM Narendra Modi not having visited Prasanthi Nilayam/Puttaparthi as PM

Given below is a recent comment I made elsewhere on Facebook:

My view and observations are that PM Modi has publicly spoken about Prasanthi Nilayam and Puttaparthi, showering praises on it. When one of his ministers came to PN as the chief guest (I think it was Piyush Goyal), the minister spoke about PM Modi conveying his best wishes and regards to Prasanthi Nilayam. And we have also seen pics of trustees and leaders of official (Prasanthi Nilayam based) Sai orgn. being received by PM Modi in his Delhi office.

PM Modi while speaking about Bhagavan in Muddenahalli Group's Raipur hospital referenced Puttaparthi! So I think PM Modi has publicly evinced support for Prasanthi Nilayam and Puttaparthi.

Top ministers of the current NDA government like Piyush Goyal, then minister Venkaiah Naidu (later as vice-president too he visited PN) and Ravi Shankar Prasad have been chief guests at PN functions and have given speeches where they have shown great appreciation for Bhagavan's teachings and work, and the Sathya Sai orgn. continuing that work. Current HRD minister Prakash Javadekar also has visited PN but when he was having some other ministry.

Why it has so happened that PM Modi did not visit Prasanthi Nilayam yet (as PM) - I don't know. But I personally have no doubt whatsoever that PM Modi has great respect towards Prasanthi Nilayam and Puttaparthi. I believe when he was invited once as proposed chief guest for Sai university convocation/Bhagavan birthday function, PM Modi could not accept the invitation due to him having to visit UK (or some other foreign country).

The BJP party has stood by Puttaparthi and Prasanthi Nilayam in the difficult period that we went through after Mahasamadhi. As a Sathya Sai devotee and Puttaparthi resident, I am grateful to them for their support. This includes top leaders of BJP like L.K. Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Narendra Modi etc. Of course, then UPA govt leaders including then PM Manmohan Singh, then Congress president Sonia Gandhi, former Lok Sabha Speaker Shivraj Patil, then vice-president and now president of Congress Rahul Gandhi, former CM of Maharashtra Shri Ashok Chavan etc. have also extended great support to Prasanthi Nilayam and Puttaparthi during that difficult period, and I am grateful to them too.

Both the top national political parties of India, namely the BJP and the Congress, have been very supportive of Prasanthi Nilayam and Puttaparthi in this post-Mahasamadhi period.

Please note that I have a PUBLICLY NEUTRAL role in these social media posts that I put up related to Indian political leaders which include leaders in government currently and those not in government. I am an Indian citizen and resident of India. I do vote in Indian elections but I keep who I vote for as a private matter. I should also say that I am a beneficiary, a lover and an open supporter of democracy in India.

Comments

Archive

Show more