Filing Cyber Crime complaints (including cyber stalking/harassment) in Andhra Pradesh may be done online it seems

Given below are the contents of my recent Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/1778072492409320.

Just did some browsing to see if there is some info. on the net about filing cyber complaints in Andhra Pradesh. Got some interesting links:
1) http://www.cidap.gov.in/cid/template/cyber/crime/Cyber-Crimes - Gives overall info. about Andhra Pradesh cyber crimes. Within this it is cyber stalking/harassment that would be the relevant category for those of us who are being harassed by Muddenahalli group seemingly Fake Id persons like Mervyn Hughes. Cyber stalking/harassment is covered in http://www.cidap.gov.in/cid/template/cyber/crime/frauds/5.

An extract from above link:
What is Cyber Stalking / Harassment
Cyber stalking is repeated use of the Internet or other electronic communication to harass or frighten someone. This may be done over social networking media like facebook, twitter etc or over e-mails. If you are victimized so, immediately such instances should be reported to the Police for necessary action.
--- end extract ---

2) Actual filing of the complaint can be done online it seems. http://www.cidap.gov.in/cid/complaint has the overall data and links for all categories of complaints. Clicking the cyber crime category leads to this link: http://www.cidap.gov.in/cid/complaint/CC where one can file a complaint.

I don't want to file a complaint against Mervyn Hughes of Muddenahalli group right away. I want to give him some time to correct his ways and get back to Sathya (truth) and Dharma (ethical life). But if he persists in verbally attacking me and maligning me, I may seriously consider using the above mentioned complaint link to file a cyber stalking/harassment complaint against Mervyn Hughes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Given below are some comments from the above mentioned associated Facebook post (https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/1778072492409320):

Vr Ganti wrote (slightly edited):
Ignore him. In fact we are not sure whether a person like (Mervyn) Hughes exist(s) or not.
------

Ravi S. Iyer wrote (slightly edited):
Vr Ganti sir, Ignoring Mervyn Hughes of Muddenahalli group is what I tried for some time. But I think it is lack of any action against him that is making him go from bad to worse. Perhaps a cyber police complaint may result in interaction between Andhra Pradesh police and Facebook to know his IP address and real physical location which may then lead to his real identity. Then, especially if he is available in India, charges against him can be made for defamation (both criminal and civil charges can be considered).

This will be more effective, IMHO, than simply reporting the matter to Facebook (FB), as then the maximum FB will do is to ban him (block his FB a/c). He may then open another FB a/c in another name.

However, as I have said in the post content, I don't want to make a police complaint against Mervyn Hughes right away. I pray to Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba to put some sense into Mervyn Hughes (or the real person behind that Id) to stop writing defamatory content against me. I have never ever made any police complaint in my life so far, in the various countries that I have lived - India, USA, and Belgium, primarily. I would very much prefer to keep that clean slate by NOT making any police complaint against anybody for the rest of my life. So lets hope Mervyn Hughes sees the light now and stops his defamatory writings against me.
------

Vr Ganti wrote:
Om Sri Sai Ram - I think you are on right track.
------

Comments

Archive

Show more