As of now, I am against any request/move to have govt. take over SSSCT

22nd April 2020 Update: I had an inner urge to name-snip the names of some person(s) in this post and so have done so.

Given below are two comments I made in my Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/1813871192162783, which I felt appropriate to put up as a separate post.

Mr Vr Ganti writes (addressed to Alok Dara Shikoh but readable by others too), "Did you read my note about Satish Naik Garu, sort of terrorizing me by reaching out to my family and wants to create a rift in my family. Poor chap does not know that my family members will not ask me to stop what I am doing because they said that I can do whatever I feel is OK and if it keeps me happy."

I would like to say to all readers that Satish Naik is a good friend of mine who has been very helpful to me in understanding the Muddenahalli saga of so called communicator and the activities of Muddenhalli group. I value his friendship and will be loyal/biased towards him.

Having said that, I would like to share with readers that I checked with him about the messages he sent to Mr. Ganti's family and what his motives were for that. He told me that there was absolutely NO MOTIVE of threatening Mr. Ganti at all. Satish said that he wanted to alert Mr. Ganti's family members about Mr. Ganti's rather extreme posts against trustees of Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust and the harm it was causing to Prasanthi Nilayam image (in social media, at least). Satish hoped that Mr. Ganti's family members would be able to speak to him and convince him to stop writing and circulating such extreme posts against SSSCT trustees.

Satish took the utmost care, I was told by him, to use very polite language. He referred to Mr. Ganti's daughter-in-law as Akka (elder sister). She does not seem to have taken objection to Satish's messages and has responded politely to Satish, which Satish kindly shared with me.

But Mr. Ganti has twisted these words into a threat and alleged that Shri R.J. Rathnakar is behind these imagined threats to him!!! From my interactions with Satish, including one that I had a little while back today, I have been assured that not only was there no threat intended in these polite messages sent to Mr. Ganti's family by Satish, but that Shri R.J. Rathnakar was not involved at all in these messages being sent.

Now Mr. Ganti may not believe me and have the view that I now am only a mouthpiece of Satish Naik and perhaps of Shri R.J. Rathnakar too. That is his right and I cannot do anything about him holding such a view. But readers will know that I try very hard to say the truth as I see it (or as far as I know). If some matters are sensitive I may choose to stay silent but I do not say (or try very hard not to say) falsehood knowingly. I may sometimes have been given wrong/false information which I share without knowing that it is false - that is different from knowingly saying false things, which I don't do (or try very hard not to).

Mr. Ganti is of the view that if Andhra Pradesh government takes over SSSCT it will be wonderful and so has even quoted some Writ Petition dated 2013 made in Andhra Pradesh High Court on those lines, in a recent Facebook post of his. In my view, Andhra Pradesh government taking over SSSCT will strongly politicize SSSCT and the Sathya Sai movement. Then Prasanthi Nilayam and Sathya Sai movement key decisions will be influenced by the political party/coalition that is in power in Andhra Pradesh at a given time! I think that would be a significant problem for Prasanthi Nilayam and associated institutions, and the Sathya Sai movement, and so I am against any such efforts (govt. taking over SSSCT).

Of course, if SSSCT is taken over by the government, as government (and courts) are supreme, I and everybody else, including trustees of SSSCT will have to accept that. But I consider it my duty to Kali Yuga Avatar, Shiva-Shakti Swarupa, Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, my beloved Gurudev, to PUBLICLY express my view that, as of now, I am NOT IN FAVOUR OF (I am against) any move to have government take over SSSCT.
--------

I am supportive of the current trustees of Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust including Shri R.J. Rathnakar and Shri K. Chakravarthi because I am aware of the very difficult situation that Prasanthi Nilayam went through first with losing physical form of Swami at Mahasamadhi time and then with the breakaway Muddenahalli group which included the seniormost and veteran top office bearer of Sai orgn., Shri Indulal Shah sir, a very respected and long term servitor and warden of Sai university, Shri B.N. Narasimhamurthy, and the then vice-chancellor of the Sai university, Prof. --Name1-snipped--.

While I am of the view that SSSCT should have acted faster against Muddenahalli group, and that Prof. --Name1-snipped-- should NOT have been allowed to continue as vice-chancellor of Sai university once it became known that he was openly siding with Narasimhamurthy and not giving value to SSSCT view on Narasimhamurthy's dream instructions, I also realize that it would have been very traumatic for the SSSCT trustees to deal with all the horrible problems that Prasanthi Nilayam was facing then.

Overall, SSSCT has done a great job in keeping all institutions of Prasanthi Nilayam - ashram, hospitals, schools and university - running. That is no mean feat - only those who have lived through the trauma and chaos of post-Mahasamadhi 2011 and 2012 in Prasanthi Nilayam/Puttaparthi will really understand how big an achievement that was. I mean, people were leaving the institutions left, right and centre!!! How do you run hospitals and schools and university campuses when faced with a lot of people leaving, for one reason or the other, despite giving people good salary hikes via sixth pay commission implementation!!! Post-Mahasamadhi 2011 and 2012 was a very, very challenging period for Prasanthi Nilayam and outside ashram Puttaparthi town. I know as I have lived through it.

After Nov. 2014 when --Name1-snipped-- stepped down as vice-chancellor, the Sai university came out of the influence of Muddenahalli group. That was, in my considered view, one of the biggest, if not the biggest, turning-the-tide against Muddenahalli event in Prasanthi Nilayam. The trust has also become more strict by taking appropriate action against employees of the trust and associated institutions who are associating with Muddenahalli group.

I am publicly supportive of SSSCT due to these reasons and not just because I live in Puttaparthi. Yes, as I live in Puttaparthi and benefit from SSSCT institutions indirectly, it will be foolish and perhaps ungrateful of me to be openly critical of SSSCT if I think that SSSCT trustees are not handling matters appropriately. But then I would choose to remain silent. I would not say untruthful things as that will harm me in my spiritual path.

My public support for SSSCT is not FAKE, even if Mr. Vr Ganti suggests that when he writes, "I also know that since you [referring to me, Ravi S. Iyer] are staying in Parthi you dont have an alternative but to go with the stream and do what is best for you." Mr. Ganti is free to have that opinion. But I would like readers to know that I don't agree with Mr. Ganti and that my positive opinion of SSSCT, and support for SSSCT, is truthful and genuine. Others may have a different opinion - that's fine, they are entitled to their view.

Comments

Archive

Show more