Update on Google Knowledge Panel on my name; Google now identifies me as 'Ravi S. Iyer (Author)'

Note: This follows up on my post: 'Was surprised to see a small "knowledge panel" on Google against my name - Ravi S. Iyer', https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2020/05/was-surprised-to-see-small-knowledge.html, 10th May 2020. Readers that think I am getting caught up in an ego trap, may please read the section, "Am I falling into an ego trap because I put up a post on Google small 'knowledge panel' associated with my name?" in that post. end-Note.

Now Google search for Ravi S Iyer (or Ravi S. Iyer or ravi s iyer) does NOT directly show a Google Knowledge Panel, Instead it suggests in a box on the right of the top result, as follows:

See Results about
Ravi S. Iyer (Author) [Link in blue colour]
Books: Indian Computer Science (CS) & Informati...

--- end box text ---

Given below is a screenshot (dated 7th June 2020) of the above.

[To open pic in larger resolution, right-click on pic followed by open link (NOT image) in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]



Clicking the 'Ravi S. Iyer (Author)' link in the box leads to the results page being refreshed and the knowledge panel of 'Ravi S. Iyer (Author)' being shown on the right of the top result. This knowledge panel lists 3 of my books and shows thumbnail cover pictures of each book.

The screenshot (dated 7th June 2020) below shows this knowledge panel.


The pic below shows only the Google Knowledge Panel part.



Also Google searching for Ravi S. Iyer (Author) [or variants like ravi s iyer author] directly shows the above mentioned Knowledge Panel. See related screenshot below.



An interesting variation is searching for: ravi s iyer books [or even ravi iyer books]. The listed results highlight my 3 books and show a Ravi S. Iyer Author Knowledge Panel minus my books and so empty Knowledge Panel on the right! Related screenshot is given below.



=======

Hmm. So from Google's perspective, I am Ravi S. Iyer, (book) author.

I had gone through the process of claiming the previous knowledge panel a few weeks ago but did not hear back from Google. I wonder whether I should go through the process of claiming the current version of this Knowledge Panel against my name. Perhaps I should. I think I will get around to doing that in the near future.

Comments

Archive

Show more