Bhagavad Gita verses about God/Krishna being in heart of all beings, and being consciousness in beings

Given below are the relevant two verses in the Bhagavad Gita (English translation of verses below are slightly edited by me):


Chapter 10 verse 20,  https://shlokam.org/bhagavad-gita/10-20 :

अहमात्मा गुडाकेश सर्वभूताशयस्थितः ।

अहमादिश्च मध्यं च भूतानामन्त एव च ॥ १०-२०॥

ahamātmā guḍākeśa sarvabhūtāśayasthitaḥ

ahamādiśca madhyaṃ ca bhūtānāmanta eva ca

I am the Self, O Gudakesha [Ravi: Arjuna], seated in the hearts of all beings; I am the Beginning, the Middle and also the End of all beings.


Chapter 10 verse 22,  https://shlokam.org/bhagavad-gita/10-22 :

वेदानां सामवेदोऽस्मि देवानामस्मि वासवः ।

इन्द्रियाणां मनश्चास्मि भूतानामस्मि चेतना ॥ १०-२२॥

vedānāṃ sāmavedo’smi devānāmasmi vāsavaḥ

indriyāṇāṃ manaścāsmi bhūtānāmasmi cetanā

Among the VEDAS, I am the SAMA-VEDA; I am VASAVA among the gods; among the senses I am the mind; and I am the intelligence [Ravi: 'chetana' - consciousness/awareness] among living beings.

[Ravi: The word 'chetana' is associated with 'chaitanya' and I think both are translated in English in the spiritual context, as consciousness or awareness. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaitanya_(consciousness)So I interpret the last words of above verse to mean 'I am the consciousness/awareness of living beings'.]


[I thank shlokam.org, and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above extract(s) from their website on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]  

Comments

Archive

Show more