Interesting video of Sadhguru Vasudev on "What Happens During Enlightenment?"

Following is an interesting video, even if some of it is hard to comprehend (for me 😀 at least):

What Happens During Enlightenment? Sadhguru Answers, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cNUnmKBkAE , around 13 mins, published on 9 Feb. 2023.

Detailed comments of mine about above video:

I think Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadhguru , has had some level of mystical experience and so I view him as a genuine contemporary mystic who speaks English and speaks publicly on various spiritual topics quite freely and which speeches/interviews are available on youtube. That makes him a very valuable and quite rare person to me.

Currently, I am exploring going into, or rather trying to acquire the ability to go into, trance or rise above body consciousness/go beyond body consciousness through meditation (dhyaan or dhyaana aspect of yoga). In this context, he has given accounts of him going into trance (through meditation, if I recall correctly) and him helping a Swami to leave his body for good through some form of yoga. I have the impression that these accounts are largely, if not fully, true.

My particular interest in this video is the discussion about his enlightenment experience. Around 2:27, the speaker talks of how Sadguru has written that when he (was in enlightened state or when he was in trance) and then came out of it, it seemed to him that only 10 or 15 minutes had passed but that he had actually been in it for four hours or so (as per his watch).

Around 8 min., Sadguru talks about disengagement with physicality and then says, "... suddenly there's no sense of time nor space. What is now is then, what is then is now. What is here is there, what is there is here. Everything gets like this." When saying the last word, "this", Sadhguru gestures with his arms and hands moving apart from each other and then the hands coming together with the fingers of both hands getting entwined with each other, which I understand as everything merging into one (thing?!). I think that is a very interesting effort by Sadhguru to explain how he felt when he was in the enlightened state. Therefore this part of the video was of great interest to me.

Going further, around 9.30 in the video, Sadhguru says, "So if you disengage with your physical nature, suddenly there is no time. So there is no space." He goes on to describe the state, which is similar to his description above. He adds that what happens in such a case is not miraculous. It happens simply due to a person keeping his/her (mental) accumulations aside for a little time, and so the (mental) accumulation and the person "sat separately". I think these words of Sadhguru are also very valuable to me. I need to ponder on whatever I have shared above of Sadhguru's words on enlightenment state.

My initial take from these parts of the video, is that, as per Sadhguru Vasudev, in an enlightened state, one loses sense of time and space, and everything merges into one. I have never had such an experience so far. I think my somewhat recent meditation practice of trying to dissolve into the Awareness-I within me (which is my interpretation of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba's teaching to John Hislop on this topic), needs to mature. [For more, see my post: Sathya Sai to Hislop on Self (and God) realization: Dissolve yourself into nothingness which is fullness of everything and (divine) power that appears to be everything; Interpreting this in my current meditation approach,  https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2023/01/sathya-sai-to-hislop-on-self.html, Jan. 17, 2023.]

Perhaps when I improve my meditation practice intensity to some higher level, the dissolving into Awareness-I will happen and in that state perhaps, there would be no time and no space and only one (Awareness-I).

From around 9:54, Sadhguru says that once a little space is created between a person and his/her body, between the person and his/her mind, then suddenly there will be no time. Without time, space also would not be there.

[I thank Sadhguru Vasudev and have presumed that he will not have any objections to me sharing the above small extract(s) from his youtube video on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more