Have released a new version of iami1 blog book (Who am I? I am I – Ultimate Existential Reality Answer ...) with more formal book cover page and Title-Verso pages but without ISBN

Last updated on 22nd June 2018

After my ISBN application 5413|ISBN|2018|A for the Paperback version of iami1 blog book, was approved on 12th June 2018 (after I uploaded a clearer picture of my PAN card in response to a clarification sought status message), (on the same day itself, if I recall correctly), the application status on isbn.gov.in and an email from isbn.gov.in informed me that (1) ISBN was reserved, and the application status prompted me to fill Title Details related to it.

I filled that up in the evening/night of 12th June 2018, and submitted it on the isbn.gov.in website. The status for the "Add Title Detail of the books for which ISBN IS required" then showed as Submitted.

As of 22nd June 2018, they have not responded so far to my mail to them dated 13th June 2018 on the issue of my proposed actual book title being "Who am I? I am I - Ultimate Existential Reality Answer; Vedanta; God and Science conversation" but due to the isbn.gov.in web form not allowing ? character in title field, the application form having title, "Who am I. I am I - Ultimate Existential Reality Answer; Vedanta; God and Science conversation". I specifically asked/wrote them in the mail, "I hope this minor inconsistency (due to ? character not being allowed in Title field of isbn.gov.in application form) is acceptable to your esteemed agency (isbn.gov.in/ Raja Ram Mohun Roy National Agency for ISBN)."

So there is uncertainty both in when (and if) I will get the ISBN number for this Paperback (POD) book, and whether, if & when I get the number, I can use that number if the ? character issue remains unresolved.

Given this uncertainty, I decided to issue an update to my book on my iami1.wordpress.com blog with only the ISBN number not being specified. I have also updated the associated ebook. Here's the associated download page: https://iami1.wordpress.com/consolidated-blog-content-document/

Given below are modified extracts (with link address in text) of https://iami1.wordpress.com/consolidated-blog-content-document/ related to this update:

E-Book Version Download

Download E-book, https://iami1.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/20180617-noisbn-ebook-notprint-colourcover-bw-a5-who-am-i-i-am-i-n-god-n-science.pdf, (125 pages of A5 size)

Paper Book Version (Document) Download

Download Inner contents document, https://iami1.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/20180617-noisbn-bw-a5-who-am-i-i-am-i-n-god-n-science.pdf, (123 pages of A5 size)

Download Cover Front Page ONLY picture, https://iami1.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/20180617-frontcover-final.jpg (18.21″ x 25.83″, 96 DPI, 1748 x 2480 pixels; suitable for A5 size page after compression)

Download Cover Back Page ONLY picture, https://iami1.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/20180617-backpagepic-1762x2481.jpg, (5.87″ x 8.27″, 300 DPI, 1762 x 2481 pixels; suitable for A5 size page)

Download Full Cover (Back-page+Spine+Front-page) picture,  https://iami1.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/20180617-fullcoverpic-final-3570x2481.jpg, (11.90″ x 8.27″, 300 DPI, 3570 x 2481 pixels)

...

Changes made in blog book version/date 17th June 2018 on earlier blog book version/date 26th April 2018:

1) Title changed in front cover page as well as in Title-Verso page to “Who am I? I am I – Ultimate Existential Reality Answer; Vedanta; God and Science conversation”

2) Front Cover page text changed additionally to remove earlier descriptive text and have mainly above title with sub-title of iami1.wordpress.com blog book as well as author name and some other info.

3) Title-Verso pages (Pages 1 and 2 of inner content) revamped in a big way to become more in line with regular books, and meeting requirements for ISBN application. Note that I have applied for ISBN only for printed book version as of now (17th June 2018), and am yet to receive it.

4) Minor grammatical/spelling error type changes.

5) Added “For at cost printed book and free e-book visit iami1.wordpress.com” to back cover page right bottom corner.

--- end extracts from https://iami1.wordpress.com/consolidated-blog-content-document/ ---

Note that I have NOT mentioned the price of the book on either the cover pages or in the inside contents, based on previous discussions on the price issue with Pothi.com.

I also felt it appropriate to direct readers who want to buy the printed book copy (see point 5 above) to my blog from where I direct them to Pothi.com webstore for buying POD Paperback/SoftCover copy. So Pothi.com is not mentioned anywhere on the book, either in the inner contents or on the cover pages. I think this makes it better and safer from a legal angle both for Pothi.com and for me. Essentially, I am the publisher and author and take complete responsibility for the book contents including cover pages, and so any legal issues associated with the book should come directly to me and me alone. Of course, I have taken great precautions to conform to Indian laws, in particular those related to copyright and defamation, to the best of my knowledge and ability, while creating the content of this POD book (and associated e-book), and so I don't think there will be any legal issues associated with this book.

I have requested Pothi.com to have an overview look at the updated files, given above, for my POD book - in particular, the cover pages and the Title-Verso pages (page 1 & 2 of inner content) - and let me know whether they are fine with my plan to update my Pothi.com POD book with these files.

Once the POD book entry is updated, I plan then to go ahead and update the e-book entry for the same book on Pothi.com as well with the updated e-book download file whose link is given earlier in this post.

After that is done then I intend to update the e-book file and book details on the following free e-book sites:

* archive.org:  https://archive.org/details/20180424EbookNotPrintColourCoverBWContentsA5WhoAmIIAmINGodNScience

* Open Library:   https://openlibrary.org/books/OL26445400M/Who_am_I_I_am_I_-_Ultimate_Existential_Reality_Answer_Vedanta_God_and_Science_conversation

* Project Gutenberg: http://self.gutenberg.org/eBooks/WPLBN0100002977-Who-am-I-I-am-I--Ultimate-Existential-Reality-Answer-Vedanta-God-and-Science-Conversation-by-Iyer-Ravi-S-.aspx

Comments

Archive

Show more