Improved upon patchwork in back cover page for ISBN inclusion in iami1 blog book, and resubmitted it to Pothi.com

Got a message today morning from Pothi.com that earlier submission made yesterday had got accepted. Here's the book page link with yesterday submission files: Who am I? I am I - Ultimate Existential Reality Answer; Vedanta; God and Science conversation, https://pothi.com/pothi/book/ravi-s-iyer-ultimate-existential-reality-answer-vedanta-god-and-science.

Uploaded files today (21st June) to Pothi.com with the following changes:

1) The blue color hyperlink of email in Verso page (page 2 of inner contents pdf) has been changed to normal text. This version upload to Pothi.com did NOT give the converted to grayscale message. I also checked in the preview that the email id is shown as black (NOT grey).

2) Improved upon patchwork done on book back cover page to include ISBN. Extended the pastel background colour into the Author description part and then rewrote Author description ensuring that it did not overwrite ISBN. That pic has been given below:

[To open pic in higher resolution, right-click on pic followed by open in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]


The new upload has status (Revision under Review) on Pothi.com

In the associated email I wrote to Pothi.com, I wrote, "Sorry about the extra review round work for you folks. I am a newbie in this book publishing area and as I am going the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) free route, I am tripping up here and there, but learning a lot about book publishing in the process. Hopefully that will help me have an easier pathway for future books that I intend to self-publish using Pothi.com's support."
======================================

Update on 21st June 2018 around 3.00 PM

I had submitted the update around 11 AM today. I received a mail from Pothi.com at 2.22 PM that the book is out of review and published on Pothi.com! They also wrote that as the book is not in online distribution I can make multiple changes and that they have no problem in reviewing the changes. That was nice of them.

I wrote back to them (slightly edited):
Great! Appreciate your co-operation on these matters.

Saw that the latest submission of the book has indeed got published on Pothi.com. Ordered 3 copies a few minutes ago. It will be great to see a printed copy of the book with ISBN barcode image at the back! It was a really pleasant surprise for me that I, an individual Indian citizen and author, was allotted an ISBN (without any charge though I would have been willing to pay reasonable charge to RRNA) and have been able to convert that into a barcode image and put it on the back cover page! So I am really looking forward to see my printed book copy with ISBN barcode image at the back. I think ISBN barcode image puts a stamp of authenticity or official recognition on the book and would make it more easy for govt. funded libraries to consider adding it to their library.

Thank you.
-----

Here's the Pothi.com book page link: Who am I? I am I - Ultimate Existential Reality Answer; Vedanta; God and Science conversation, https://pothi.com/pothi/book/ravi-s-iyer-ultimate-existential-reality-answer-vedanta-god-and-science.

Comments

Archive

Show more