Update on attempts to resolve iami1 blogbook cover page picture colour dots splashing issue

Last updated on 27th June 2018

I have prepared an alternate version of the cover page (full page with back + spine + front) which uses black coloured title instead of dark red/purple coloured title. I have also used a large ISBN barcode image to make it more easily readable, (and re-positioned the text to the left of it). That cover page pic is shown below.

[To open pic in higher resolution, right-click on pic followed by open in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]



I have asked Pothi.com if they think that this cover will be easier for the printing of the cover page without colour dots being splashed around on other parts of the cover page, and that if so, I would be happy to go with this cover page. In fact, I like the black title as against the dark red/purple title.

And if Matte printed cover is easier to print without colour dots being splashed around elsewhere on the cover page, as compared to glossy (which is my current selection), then I am willing to try out Matte printed cover (instead of glossy).
=======================================================

Update on 27th June 2018

Pothi.com informed me that they are investigating why the dots appeared in the printed paperback book copies mentioned in an earlier post (http://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2018/06/updated-paperback-copies-of-iami1.html). They were OK with me updating the full cover picture and so I updated it on Pothi.com with the above full cover picture (black title and larger ISBN barcode image). I also chose Matte lamination instead of Glossy lamination. The submission is currently under review. After it passes the review I intend to place an order of 1 copy and see if that printed copy comes out OK.

Comments

Archive

Show more