How should Mumbai Metropolitan Region Sathya Sai devotees handle upcoming November 2018 inauguration of Muddenahalli group Navi Mumbai hospital?

Last updated on 6th August 2018

Firstly, what is Mumbai Metropolitan Region? In short, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai_Metropolitan_Region, "Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) is a metropolitan area in Maharashtra state, consisting of the state capital Mumbai (previously known as 'Bombay') and its satellite towns."

The Muddenahalli group hospital is coming up in Navi Mumbai which is a satellite town of Mumbai and is part of Mumbai Metropolitan Region.

After seeing cheap imitator Madhusudan Naidu recent visit to Kuala Lumpur, I started wondering about the upcoming November 2018 Muddenahalli group Navi Mumbai hospital inauguration function. I say upcoming as, if I recall correctly, it was announced at the November 2017 bhoomi puja function (foundation laying ceremony) of this Navi Mumbai hospital that it would be inaugurated a year later. Readers may want to see my related post here: http://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2017/11/very-disappointed-to-see-sachin.html, dated November 2017. I don't know the current state of this upcoming hospital. But I presume that they will have it in operation in some fashion in November 2018.

Now I have no issues with the service to society work that will be done by this free hospital of Muddenahalli group in Navi Mumbai. But I have serious issues with the promotion of FALSE BELIEF in so called 'chosen communicator' (but actually 'cheap imitator') Madhusudan Rao Naidu, as part of the inauguration function of this hospital.

The bhoomi puja function in November 2017 was attended by cricket superstar and Mumbai resident (Mumbaikar) Sachin Tendulkar and Maharashtra chief minister, Devendra Fadnavis. So one can expect that both Sachin Tendulkar and CM Fadnavis will be present for the inauguration function, which I presume would be in November 2018, and share the stage with cheap imitator Madhusudan Naidu and Guru Drohi Narasimhamurthy (like they did at the bhoomi puja function).

As a former resident of Mumbai and its satellite town Dombivli, I am seriously concerned about this event spreading the FALSE BELIEF of Muddenahalli group in Mumbai and its satellite towns. I would like to do something to counter the promotion of cheap imitator Madhusudan Naidu in Mumbai and its satellite towns. So I have put up this post.

How can Mumbai and satellite towns' Sathya Sai devotees who follow Prasanthi Nilayam Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust view of rejecting mediums and communicators wrt Sathya Sai, counter the promotion of FALSE BELIEF Muddenahalli group in their own area?

Let me give my initial thoughts. Others are welcome to add their thoughts and views.

We should have an information/awareness campaign in Mumbai (capital of Maharashtra and financial powerhouse city of India) and Navi Mumbai (where the hospital is coming up) through leaflets distributed and advertisement hoardings put up in Navi Mumbai around the hospital and on its approach road. Local print media and local television media reporters can be contacted and provided with these leaflets and invited to check with us for any more information or clarifications they need. The information campaign should have these core messages:

* Yes (Tick Mark Graphic) to Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba; No (X graphic) to Cheap Imitator Madhusudan Naidu

* Yes to free medical service of Muddenahalli group hospital in Navi Mumbai; No to FALSE CLAIM of so-called 'chosen communicator' Madhusudan Naidu

Now some may say that such an information/awareness campaign may provide publicity to Muddenahalli group and so it is better to stay silent. I disagree with that view. Note that Sachin Tendulkar is a very big name in Mumbai Metropolitan Region and Devendra Fadnavis is the chief minister of Maharashtra state! If we Prasanthi Nilayam supporter Sathya Sai devotees stay silent on the matter, Muddenahalli group will be able to more easily trap innocent donors and devotees from Mumbai Metropolitan Region into their fold.

Silent witness approach towards Muddenahalli group has failed miserably in the past, and has to be viewed as the prime reason why Muddenahalli group could grow so big and so rapidly from Jul 2011 when its key founder Guru Drohi Narasimhamurthy started his dream instruction successor HIJACK campaign.

So my view is that we should have such an information/awareness campaign to ****correctly**** inform Mumbai Metropolitan Region people of the matter thereby defeating the deceitful propaganda of Muddenahalli group which promotes FALSE BELIEF in cheap imitator Madhusudan Naidu.

Now I should also say that if interest is shown by others in having such an information/awareness campaign in Navi Mumbai and Mumbai, I am prepared to play a Puttaparthi (outside ashram) based social media activist role within some limitations that I have. But I will not be able to come to Navi Mumbai/Mumbai.

I look forward to receiving comments from others on this matter. Thanks. Jai Sai Ram!

Optional Reading: More on Mumbai Metropolitan Region and my association with it

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai_Metropolitan_Region, "Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) is a metropolitan area in Maharashtra state, consisting of the state capital Mumbai (previously known as 'Bombay') and its satellite towns. Developing over a period of about 20 years, it consists of nine municipal corporations and fifteen smaller municipal councils. The entire area is overseen by the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA), a Maharashtra State Government organisation in charge of town planning, development, transportation and housing in the region."

This area includes Mumbai city, Thane, Kalyan-Dombivli, Navi Mumbai (where the Muddenahalli group hospital is coming up), Mira-Bhayandar, Bhiwandi-Nizampur, Ulhasnagar, Ambarnath, Kulgaon-Badlapur, Vasai-Virar, Palghar and Panvel.

Many people from these satellite towns of Mumbai commute on work and/or study days to work and/or study in Mumbai. I think this would be like people in New Jersey towns close to New York City, commuting on work days to New York City. For around 16 years of my life I was one such commuter commuting from Dombivli satellite town to Mumbai for study and later work. I was born in Mumbai and have lived in various parts of Mumbai city proper (Malad, Dadar, Bandra(E), Chembur and Andheri(E)) for around 21 years. I should add that I also have familiarity with Matunga (I studied for 5 years in Ruia college), SEEPZ in Andheri (E) and Nariman Point (I worked in company offices in those places). So I spent most of the first four decades of my life - 37 years - in Mumbai Metropolitan Region, with the other 3 years or so, of these first four decades of my life, being spent mainly in Western Europe and USA on foreign assignments from Mumbai based companies as a software developer/consultant. At around 40 years of age, I moved from Dombivli to Puttaparthi in Oct. 2002 and have been living in Puttaparthi since then.

================================================================

Given below are some comments from my Facebook post,  https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/2244231155793449, associated with this blog post:

Lisa De Witt wrote and was OK with public sharing:
I would turn Madhusudan's Nigerian statements over to Mumbai police and ask if they can investigate him for fraud. He told Nigerian police that he did not have communications with Sai Baba. Since is illegal to make false statements to police we have to assume Madhusudan admitted he does not communicate with Sai Baba. Therefore, his claim in India that he does speak to Sai Baba is a fraudulent claim and should be investigated by the proper authorities.
----

Ravi S. Iyer wrote:
Lisa De Witt Thanks for your comment. You made a similar comment on another post of mine. So please take this response as a response to both your comments.

It is worth a try. But somebody has to contact Mumbai and/or Navi Mumbai police about the matter. I am afraid due to some limitations I am not in a position to approach the police on this matter (nor am I in a position to file a lawsuit on this matter).

I do think that Mumbai/Navi Mumbai police may have some jurisdictional issues with the Nigerian police statement. It would have been far easier if Madhusudan Naidu had such a recorded statement with police in India. But I think it is still worth a try. I wonder whether somebody is in a position to approach the Navi Mumbai/Mumbai police on this matter.
----

In response to comments, Ravi S. Iyer wrote (slightly edited):
Lawsuit against Madhusudan Naidu for misuse of Sathya Sai name would be ideal. Note that the current lawsuit of Sathya Sai Central Trust against Loka Seva Trust is on a trust deed related matter and NOT focused on Madhusudan Naidu's FALSE communicator claim.

But the issue is: Who will bell the cat? The person/group that does that will need to be moneyed (as filing a lawsuit may involve lot of expenses as Muddenahalli group has shown that they can even hire a top-lawyer like Kapil Sibal to fight their case in the Indian Supreme Court) and will need to have the wherewithal to withstand the inevitable verbal and other non-violent (and so borderline-legal I guess) attacks on him/her/them from Muddenahalli group including its trolls based in Melbourne, Australia and elsewhere in the world.

I am not in a position to join in in even a joint petition in India on this matter as I had to promise my elder sister that I will not get involved in police/court matters with respect to Muddenahalli group. She was worried about their verbal attacks and threats on me, given that I already have some health issues and live alone in Puttaparthi. So she acted out of sisterly love to protect me. Anyway, the outcome is that I cannot be a party to a lawsuit or police complaint against Muddenahalli group.
----

In response to a comment, Ravi S. Iyer wrote (slightly edited):
I am afraid I have seen too much damage done to people in immediate post-Mahasamadhi period in Puttaparthi as some madness swept through people in power in Prasanthi Nilayam institutions. So I don't believe in jumping into dangerous territory blindly believing that Swami will protect me. Maybe others do. But I don't. I have seen too much of Puttaparthi life.

Instead I follow the more reasonable approach of doing what I can within my limitations and praying to Swami for help and protection.

And don't forget the 1993 murders that happened in Prasanthi Nilayam ashram itself. So I would counsel you against jumping into dangerous territory with blind belief that Swami will protect you against anything and everything. But then you are free to have your beliefs.

Why don't you then file a lawsuit in the USA against Madhusudan Naidu for misusing the name of Sathya Sai?
----

[I thank wikipedia and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above extracts from their website on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more