Pakistani Muslim person's comment that my explanation led to her understanding "what Hinduism actually is", has made my day

Today I am feeling blessed and am feeling ***Mighty Pleased*** too :-)

A short response comment in the early hours today, from an unknown Facebook user whose profile indicates that she is based in Karachi, Pakistan and whose name indicates that she may be a Muslim, has made my day!

Under my comment thread in Dr. Shashi Tharoor's post, https://www.facebook.com/ShashiTharoor/videos/617885205272899/?comment_id=617999435261476, she wrote, "Ravi S. Iyer , your explanation sounds much clearer and better,
now i can understand what Hinduism actually is,"

I guess at least part of my ****inescapable**** destiny is to be at least a part-time teacher. I have taught tuition (Mathematics for school students) to earn some money when I was studying in college in early 1980s. Within slightly over a year of joining a software company, Datamatics Ltd. in SEEPZ, Mumbai (Bombay then), as a trainee programmer in March 1984, I was made in charge of teaching a batch of MBA graduates and at least one Chartered Accountant, COBOL programming over a period of 4 months involving extensive practical programming work. I had gone through that myself just a little over a year earlier. As I had dropped out of my M.Sc. Physics in the first year itself (due to funds crunch), I was younger than most of the trainee programmers in this batch that I was teaching! After the training period got over, I become good friends with some of them and had some good times with them as friends. But recently when I reconnected over phone with one of these guys, a Chartered Accountant in Mumbai, after a gap of around 25 years, I guess, his way of confirming who I was, was by saying something on the lines of: you were our teacher, right? :-).

I continued to play quite a few teaching and mentoring roles during my days in the software industry, including a stint as an independent computer programming instructor associated with a company called Akshay in Mumbai, for Windows programming, C++ programming etc. teaching staff of companies like Union Bank of India, ANZ Grindlays Bank, Larsen & Toubro etc.

After I retired from the software industry and offered Seva (free service) at Prasanthi Nilayam ashram, my main Seva was teaching computer programming courses to students at the Sai university, besides being the technical guide for student project work.

As I got into social media writer role on blog & Facebook over the past 6 to 7 years, I have been posed questions by some on social media which I have attempted to answer when I have some knowledge about the associated topic. In the past 3 to 4 years, bulk of the questions (and bulk of my writing) have been related to spirituality & religion (including about the FALSE CLAIM so called communicator Madhusudan Rao Naidu of Muddenahalli group).

Over the years, many have appreciated my teaching and explanations, first on software related matters and lately on spirituality & religion. That has been a source of satisfaction to me, which is another indicator of this at least part-time teacher destiny aspect about me. I mean, I like teaching and explaining about stuff that I know or have decent idea about, and get happy when I am able to convey my knowledge and understanding to an interested person.

But, prior to the comment mentioned at the top of the post, I do not recall a Muslim person telling me that after reading my explanation about Hindu religion they can understand what Hinduism actually is! And this person seems to be from Karachi, Pakistan! Therefore, today is a special day for me.

My gratitude to my many teachers of Hinduism including my beloved and revered Gurudev Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba for providing me the knowledge which enabled me to help this Muslim person from Karachi, Pakistan to better understand Hinduism.

Comments

Archive

Show more