Have initiated process to put up my "Who am I? I am I ... " book on amazon.in & flipkart; That has bumped up price to Rs.199 + shipping

Yesterday I paid Rs.1500 as "Standard Distribution" charge to Pothi.com to make my book available on amazon.in and flipkart. As part of this process, I needed to raise the price of my book to minimum price for "Standard Distribution" as now margin for the distributors (amazon.in and flipkart) will also have to be factored into the price.  The minimum price for my book (123 pages, A5 size) for Pothi.com's "Standard Distribution" is Rs.199 and so I have raised the price of the book to that. Anybody can check the minimum price calculation by using Pothi.com's Price & Royalty Calculator page: https://publish.pothi.com/tools/price-royalty-calculator/?nav=distribution.

The new price of Rs.199 is now shown on the sale page on Pothi.com web store: "Who am I? I am I - Ultimate Existential Reality Answer; Vedanta; God and Science conversation", https://pothi.com/pothi/book/ravi-s-iyer-ultimate-existential-reality-answer-vedanta-god-and-science.

There was no possibility of selling the book at Pothi.com at lower price of Rs.159 and at amazon.in and flipkart at Rs.199. The price had to be the same for all these outlets.

The process of putting up the book on amazon.in and flipkart is expected to take around a week, if I recall correctly. So sometime next week I hope to see the book listed on amazon.in and flipkart at Rs.199 + shipping.

The royalty from sales at amazon.in and flipkart will be ZERO for me as I have chosen the minimum price for Standard Distribution. However, sales at Pothi.com web store will give me a royalty of Rs.35. If at all I get some such royalty money, I will use it first to offset the Rs.1500 I paid Pothi.com for "Standard Distribution". If it goes beyond that then I will ensure that the additional money is used in a NOT-FOR-PROFIT way. For example, I may use that money to buy copies of the book and provide it free of charge to some interested persons.

Comments

Archive

Show more