Crossed 200 signatures in OUR petition; How do we provide recognition to the courageous signers?

Crossed 200 signatures in OUR petition; How do we provide recognition to those who showed the courage to publicly speak up against Asathya (untruth) & Adharma (unethical behaviour) of spiritual fraud Madhusudan Rao Naidu by signing this petition?

As of 5:26 PM IST on 4th Jan 2019, this petition, https://www.change.org/p/sathya-sai-devotee-fraternity-worldwide-we-condemn-spiritual-fraud-madhusudan-rao-naidu, has got 205 signatures. I thank all those who signed the petition and those who have shared the petition with others.

So far, only 4 or 5 persons have signed and publicly commented that they are alumni of SSSIHL. There may be a few more, say around 5 signatures, which are of alumni but where they have not commented that they are alumni. One violin teacher (in the past, I guess) has also signed and publicly shared that he was a teacher of Prasanthi Nilayam school and college (university campus).

Essentially, alumni body have not shown interest in this petition except for a few. As I wrote in the earlier update, an alumni leader or a Sai educational institution senior alumni-staff (e.g. Director of an SSSIHL campus, Registrar, Controller of Examinations of SSSIHL etc.) should publish a similar petition asking alumni to sign - then there may be significant number of alumni who will sign it.

I have been able to download the list of signatures which typically includes info. about city & country of person signing the petition. I think we should provide recognition to, and honour the courage of, such persons for having publicly spoken up against Asathya & Adharma of spiritual fraud Madhusudan Rao Naidu. But how do we do that?

I am willing to mention on my spiritual blog, the names of those who showed the courage to publicly speak up against Asathya & Adharma of spiritual fraud Madhusudan Rao Naidu by signing this petition, and also any significant public 'Reason for signing' or other comments they made on it. But I am not sure whether all signatories would want that. Further note that change.org does NOT publicly show all the signatory names. It shows names of only those who have shared publicly their "Reason for Signing" and their (other) comments.

So I could share only those names which publicly appear on the "Join the Conversation" pages (which shows all "Reason for Signing" comments and other comments), and their main comments, on my blog. But will some people be uncomfortable even with that? Maybe I can ask those who don't want their names to be published on my blog to mail me at my public email id of ravi@raviiyer.org . And maybe I can ask those who have signed the petition but not made public comments on it, and who want their names to be published on my blog to mail me at my public email id of ravi@raviiyer.org .

I would be glad to know the views of readers on the above. Any other suggestions to recognize the courage of the persons who signed the petition, are also welcome. If some feel that there is no need to do all this and just stop at the petition - I would like to know that too.

I think it is ethical for me to share some country statistics from the downloaded list of signature-names. This is the break up of the signatories country wise from the download of signatures done around 5.27 PM Indian Standard Time (IST) on 4th Jan 2019, at which time the count of signature-names (signatories) was 205. Note that the signatures download had only 182 signature-names. I think that either the download does not give the latest data OR while signing some may have chosen NOT to display their names on the petition.

Country - Number of signatory-names in downloaded list
=========================================
Argentina - 1
Australia - 2
Bahrain - 1
Canada - 2
Croatia - 1
Dominican Republic - 1
France - 1
Gabon - 1 
Guatemala - 1
India - 68
Indonesia - 2
Israel - 1
Italy - 30
Malaysia - 9
Mexico - 1
Peru - 1
Russia - 6
Saudi Arabia - 1
Singapore - 5
Slovenia - 1
South Africa - 7
Sri Lanka - 1
Switzerland - 1
Trinidad & Tobago - 1
UK - 9
Ukraine - 1
US - 26

Total: 182

Comments

Archive

Show more