This month is the 6th anniversary of this Sathya Sai and other spiritual & religious matters blog

I was informed this by a notification on LinkedIn as I have specified the start month-year of the blog as the beginning of my new "job". I gave my Company (place of work) as "Sathya Sai Baba and more - blog" and also provided this blog link. The job-title is "Author".

I had started blogging, as a regular free service (Seva), in or around September 2011 but on two other blogs and under pseudonyms. At that time, it was very important for the spiritual path that I had taken to keep a very low profile, and so I did not want people at large to know that I was blogging. But I did share it with a few friends privately.

I also started another blog in 2011 (perhaps in or around September) which was intended to be more of a website for interested contributors, to promote free service software development in areas like rural agriculture and learning Telugu. This I did in my own name. But that blog/website did not receive any software development contributions at all (other than my own bare-minimum starter-contributions; I wanted to play more of a co-ordinator role), though some friends did provide contributions on free software licensing issue that I was looking at in that blog. So I gave up on that activity after some months.

If I recall correctly, it is after I started this ravisiyer.blogspot.com blog where I blogged under ***my own name*** and not a pseudonym that I slowly started taking on a public social media writer role. Later I started blogging with my own name on the earlier blogs too and also revealed that the earlier names used on the blogs were my pseudonyms.

Now the blog has over half a million views as reported by blogger stats.


The blogger audience stats page shows that viewership of this blog is not limited to India. USA, France, UK and Russia have over 10,000 views.



[To open pic in larger resolution, right-click on pic followed by open link (NOT image) in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]

So it has been an around six year journey for me as a ***public and on my real name*** free service (Seva) social media writer. It has significantly changed my life & my lifestyle, and paved the way for me to become a self-published author of two Not-for-profit-for-author books.

Here's my first post on this blog: Prof. Haraldsson's book, "Modern Miracles: The Story of Sathya Sai Baba: A Modern Day Prophet", Released, https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2013/08/prof-haraldssons-book-modern-miracles.html, 19th August 2013.

Comments

Archive

Show more