Chandogya Upanishad – Chapter 6 (Dialogue between Uddalaka and Svetaketu) – Some Shlokas pdf document has been downloaded 526 times in past 6 months

This post follows up on my post: Sharing my satisfaction about my Chandogya Upanishad Chapter 6 posts being ranked high by Google Search, resulting in regular visits; ..., http://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharing-my-satisfaction-about-my.html, 11th Nov. 2018 which states that my 'Chandogya Upanishad – Chapter 6 (Dialogue between Uddalaka and Svetaketu) – Some Shlokas' pdf document ( https://iami1.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/chandogyachapter6someshlokas.pdf ) was 4th result in Google search.

This pdf document written by me in June 2010, captures the vital part of Chandogya Upanishad's Advaita teachings including its most famous Tat Tvam Asi (You are that) Mahavakya. It has commentaries of some famous spiritual writers on Upanishads including Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. I have also provided some comments about my understanding of the verses and the commentaries.

This pdf document continues to be in top-ten results in Google Search now in Feb. 2020 for the term: Chandogya Upanishad Chapter 6. Today when I checked, this pdf document was the 8th result (see pic below).

[To open pic in larger resolution, right-click on pic followed by open link (NOT image) in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]



Bing lists it as 3rd result and DuckDuckGo as 4th result (see pics below). [Bing screenshot had to be taken again and so its date is 11th Feb. 2020.]




In Nov. 2018 when I had put up the post mentioned earlier, Wordpress (where the above mentioned pdf document is located) stats did not report file downloads. That reporting started from only July 2019.

Over the past seven months (from July 2019), I have been pleasantly surprised to see regular downloads (2 to 3 times a day) of the above pdf file. The last six months data is given below.

Aug. 2019 -  73 downloads
Sep. 2019 -  75
Oct. 2019 -  65
Nov. 2019 - 142
Dec. 2019 -  90
Jan. 2020 -  81
Total: 526 downloads

The first pic below is the stats for file download for Jan. 2020 alone. The next pic is composite pic where I have cut out and pasted together file download info. for other months on the Jan. 2020 stats screenshot.




The file downloads stats do not seem to have associated audience information. So I have no idea about which country the downloads are being made from or who may be downloading them. I presume that even if some of the downloads are by automated software, at least some downloads are by people who are interested to read it. Note that other files in the same Wordpress blog do not show such high and regular file download stats.

BTW Chandogya Upanishad is from the Sama Veda, and since my family comes from the Sama Veda tradition, I am really happy about my small contribution on this being easily accessible through Internet search engines and being downloaded on a regular basis.

I think it is good that people are reading up these high-level and deep philosophy/revelations about existence and truth in verses (shlokas) in chapter 6 of Chandogya Upanishad which has the famous Tat Tvam Asi (You are That) Mahavakya (great pithy statement), along with Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba's commentary on them. I wanted to share this with readers both to share my satisfaction and perhaps inspire some readers to make such contributions themselves on spiritual topics of their interest.

Comments

Archive

Show more