Stephen Covey's quote on promises broken or kept and trust destroyed or built; My thoughts on it

"Nothing destroys trust faster than making and breaking a promise. Conversely, nothing builds trust more than keeping a promise." - Stephen R. Covey #Trust #QOTD - https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=366933208135348&set=a.310931753735494.

Ravi: I think there is a lot of truth to this. For me, once somebody breaks a promise made to me or betrays my trust in some other way, and I come to know of that betrayal, it becomes very, very difficult for me to trust that person/institution again, and I tend to keep away from him/her/it. An exception situation is if the person/institution accepts their/its fault and makes a genuine apology to me and assures me that they will not betray me again. Then I am willing to try trusting them/it again.

On the contrary, if a person/institution has kept its promise to me and stays true to the trust I have placed in them/it, I stay loyal and am grateful to them/it.

Comments

  1. Sairam. I am looking for Pdf of Ramayana by Smt. Kamala Subramaniam. Do you have it please? Can you kindly share it. My emai - emailsujata@yahoo.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sairam! I don't know if a (free) pdf version of it is available. I have a printed copy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Archive

Show more