Very grateful to Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba Super hospital and General hospital in Puttaparthi for wonderful and free medical care they provided me for cardiac related health emergency

Minor update on 18th Apr. 2022

I have been having a rough health ride from early January this year with two health emergencies that I faced. In this post I will cover the first one.

Late night 7th January and early morning 8th January, I faced a cardiac related health emergency. I do not want to get into further medical details of the health emergency in this post.

My friend Satish Naik provided tremendous help to me in getting a friend of his to my home very early morning on 8th Jan. Satish's friend took me to Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba's General Hospital in Puttaparthi. The doctors and nurses there provided very good emergency care to me, stabilizing my health to some extent and then asked me to be taken to Super hospital in Puttaparthi (Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences). I am very grateful to doctors and nurses and other staff of Swami General Hospital for the very good care they gave me. Satish later came to the hospital himself, playing the vital attender/friend role, as I do not have any relatives living in Puttaparthi. Satish also organized the ambulance for moving me from General hospital to Super hospital. I am very grateful to brother Satish Naik for the great support he provided to me throughout this period including entire hospital stay, and discharge.

[On PC desktop, to open pic in larger resolution (if available), right-click on pic followed by open link (NOT image) in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]

Above screenshot pic: Sri Sathya Sai General Hospital, Prasanthi Nilayam, Puttaparthi. Screenshot pic courtesy: sssgh.org .

At Super hospital, we were received by a staff who made the admission process very easy. I am grateful to this staff for the help he rendered. I was checked for COVID through Rapid Antigen Test which was negative after which I was wheeled into Cardiac Care Unit of Super hospital.

I was immediately attended upon by the doctors (cardiologists) and nurses there. They were very caring and helped me to get settled there. I was in Cardiac Care Unit from 8th January to 22nd January, a period of 15 days. I was overwhelmed with the loving care I received from doctors, nurses, dieticians as well as ward persons and cleaning staff there. In the absence of a full-time attender, it is the cleaning staff who helped me with bathroom related functions, and I am very grateful to them for this personal service they rendered to me. I experienced the love of our beloved and revered Gurudev, Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba through this loving care I received at Super hospital and also earlier at General hospital, Puttaparthi. I am deeply grateful to all these doctors, nurses and other staff who tended to me.


Above screenshot pic: Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences (Super hospital), Prasanthigram, Puttaparthi. Screenshot pic courtesy: prasanthigram.sssihms.org .

Their wonderful and loving treatment and care enabled me to recover from the health emergency to a significant extent. I was much much better than the state I was in when I was taken to General Hospital, Puttaparthi on 8th Jan. early morning. I was discharged on 22nd January from Super hospital. I still have some underlying cardiac weakness and so I need to be careful with my lifestyle and diet and also take cardiac related medicines.

Note that both Sri Sathya Sai General Hospital, Puttaparthi and Super Hospital, Prasanthigram (Puttaparthi) where I was treated, provide high quality medical care totally free of charge. So I did not have to pay a single Rupee to either of the two hospitals for the wonderful, loving and high quality medical treatment I received there.

The Managing Trustee of Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust, Shri R.J. Rathnakar garu, gave me lot of moral support and encouragement through brother Satish Naik. I am very grateful to Shri R.J. Rathnakar garu for the interest he took in my health and the support and encouragement he gave.

I am very grateful to Prof. V. Jayaprakash, my elder sister Dr. Vishalam Mani, my brother-in-law Shri Y. Mani, my niece Priya Iyer and many others for moral support and encouragement they provided me during this period.

I also take this opportunity to congratulate all the staff of General Hospital, Puttaparthi and Super Hospital, Prasanthigram for keeping alive over ten years after Bhagavan's Mahasamadhi, the great example Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba has set for the world, about free and loving high quality medical care being rendered to society. I also congratulate the trustees and other staff of Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust for ensuring that these sophisticated hospitals continue to show to the world, Bhagavan's message of free and loving service to man - Manav Seva is Madhav Seva (Service to man is service to God). I think that is a fantastic achievement and I was privileged to experience it first hand through this health emergency that I faced.

From a personal spiritual perspective, I was very ready for death as I faced the health emergency on 7th Jan. night and 8th Jan. early morning. There was no panic. I was wondering about how it would be as my Atma along with a part of my mind leaves the body on death, which is my belief as per Hindu scripture. I have viewed a lot of videos on Near Death Experiences (NDE) where some persons have narrated how they "died" (left the body) and what they felt and experienced at that time, but later re-entered the body. Anita Moorjani is one such person who readily comes to mind and, if I recall correctly, I have written posts about her video(s) covering her NDE.

But, at least at that time and also at the later health emergency time, death was not ready for me! So, it seems to me, that Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba would like me to be in this Ravi S. Iyer mind-body complex for some more time!

I would like to mention again my deep gratitude to all staff of Swami General Hospital and Super Hospital, as well as the trustees and staff of Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust, for the wonderful and loving medical treatment and care I received at these two hospitals.

I am deeply grateful to my beloved and revered Gurudev, Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, for being the inspiration and moving force for the wonderful, loving, high quality and free medical service rendered by these hospitals and for being the inspiration and moving force for the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust which is the top-level organization supporting these hospitals.

Above pic: Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba graciously giving me cloth pieces for safari dress. This was in 2003, if I recall correctly.

Jai Sai Ram!

==============================

Associated Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/3322297081320179 has many  comment exchanges - close to a hundred comments.

[I thank sssgh.org and prasanthigram.sssihms.org, and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above screenshots from their websites in this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

  1. Kudos to such hospitals which do yeomen service to humanity through the concept of seva, encouraged by many of our saints and holy men and women, and not to forget the lakhs of anonymous donors for these worthy causes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well penned down Chittappa Please take care of your health
    Om Sai Ram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priya. I am taking care of my health as well as feasible. Jai Sai Ram!

      Delete
  3. Good Morning Ravi,
    Ramesh here, Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ramesh. I am trying hard to follow instructions of the doctors and so helping in recovery.

      Delete

Post a Comment