Very grateful to Government General Hospital, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh for very good and free treatment for my COVID health emergency

Minor update on 18th Apr. 2022

As I am still recovering from my two health emergencies, I am keeping this post very short. In future, I may expand on it. [I put up an expanded post here: My recent COVID hospitalization experience in Indian government free hospital, as a single simple-living sadhaka (spiritual aspirant); Vital role of Oxygen in treating some COVID gasping cases, https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2022/03/my-recent-covid-hospitalization.html , 8th March 2022.]

After discharge on 22nd January this year from Sathya Sai Super hospital for my cardiac problem, on 27th January evening I had fever along with sore throat which had started a day earlier. I suspected it to be COVID and so isolated myself at home.

With medicines the fever subsided but I developed cough with sputum.

On 31st January early morning I had acute breathing difficulty. Satish Naik again was of great help to me. A Rapid Test determined that I was COVID positive. The medical advice then was that I should be taken to Government General Hospital, Anantapur.

It took around 2.5 (two and a half) hours for me to be moved by ambulance from Puttaparthi to Govt. Gen. Hospital, Anantapur and then finish the paperwork to get admitted to the COVID ICU center there.

Once admitted to the COVID ICU center, I received excellent treatment there from fearless nurses, doctors and other staff. My acute breathlessness issue got resolved very quickly with profuse oxygen.

Progressively I improved and was discharged on 3rd February, returning to Puttaparthi on same day.

I am deeply grateful to the doctors, nurses and other staff who tended to me at Govt. Gen. Hospital, Anantapur, for COVID. It was a privilege for me to see the fearlessness with which they attended to COVID patients including me. Most of them typically had only a double mask on. Some had some additional protection. I was amazed and awed to see the courage these doctors, nurses and other staff of Govt. Gen. Hospital had when treating COVID patients.

After coming back to Puttaparthi I am taking treatment from Dr. Gopal Reddy of Puttaparthi which is helping me recover faster. I am very grateful to Dr. Gopal Reddy for his treatment.

I was advised 1 week isolation by Govt. Gen. Hospital doctor after discharge which was from 3rd Feb. to 10th Feb. After 10th Feb. I have been permitted to freely interact with others. In other words on 10th Feb afternoon my COVID isolation period was over.

So now I am recovering from the double blow of heart attack and COVID. Jai Sai Ram!

-------------------------------------------

Associated Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/3322906974592523 has many comment exchanges - 60 comments as of 18th April 2022.

Comments