Enjoying 'I am I'/Awareness-I meditation anandam (peaceful joy) and prashaantam (deep peace) when bodily health is OK

In a previous post titled, "An update on my meditation efforts: Had increased Kundalini rising type experiences along with some health issue but have failed to rise above body consciousness; Am now into less intense meditation", https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2022/08/an-update-on-my-meditation-efforts-had.html , I have explained why I had stopped focussing on rising above body consciousness/getting into a trance during my meditation.

That led to me going back to my earlier meditation approach prior to 2022 covered in later part of this post (excluding March 2022 update): Have become regular in divine awareness meditation; Meditation affirmation-and-helper statements that I use now in March 2022 and that I used in the past (May 2019), https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2019/05/hope-to-get-back-to-divine-awareness.html .

I thought I should share with readers that this (old) meditation approach is going on well for the past few days. But a ***big limitation*** of this approach is that I can do it only when I do not have significant bodily-health issues.  Also, but quite rarely, when I have some serious worry (like some close friend/acquaintance falling seriously ill), I cannot get into such meditation sessions. During such times, I use Namasmarna/Japam and pray to Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba to help me face these health issues or serious worries, and to help close friends/acquaintances who are seriously ill or have some other serious challenge.

Having said that, when I am doing OK health wise and do not have serious worries/anxieties (small worries/anxieties are not a problem), I find that I am easily able to slide into an 'I am I' or Awareness-I state, during half an hour to an hour meditation sessions that I usually am able to do daily (for past few days). When I get into such a state, initially at least, there is usually a nice sensation starting from pit of stomach/base of spine radiating upwards which I refer to as Anandam or Anand - a peaceful joy - but which is felt mainly in the abdomen area.

Usually after some time in this initial 'I am I' or Awareness-I state, I go deeper into this 'I'. At that time, the experience is mostly of only this 'I' along with a deep peace - prashaantam. I also feel that when I go deeper into this 'I' state, my body consciousness is reduced. Note that it is only reduced but still very much there and so clearly it is not a rising above body consciousness experience. At times, there is some Kundalini rising type sensations in this state but which does not trigger any significant health issue.

I should also mention that immediately after having significant amount of food (belly being somewhat full or full), I do not do such meditation. I usually wait at least for an hour after having significant amount of food, before getting into such meditation sessions. 

Comments

Archive

Show more