An update on my meditation efforts: Had increased Kundalini rising type experiences along with some health issue but have failed to rise above body consciousness; Am now into less intense meditation

Last updated on 17th Aug. 2022

Last minor update on 21st Oct. 2022

This follows up on my post update of 28th & 29th March 2022 here: Have become regular in divine awareness meditation; Meditation affirmation-and-helper statements that I use now in March 2022 and that I used in the past (May 2019), https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2019/05/hope-to-get-back-to-divine-awareness.html .

Another related post: Believing that one's reality is awareness and not one's body does not free person from body consciousness; Could intense japam & dhyanam (chanting & meditation) give that freedom?, https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2022/03/believing-that-ones-reality-is.html , 8th March 2022

Initially (around and after the post/post update mentioned above), I tried to get into intense meditation with a deep desire to get into a trance/rise above body consciousness. That resulted in stronger Kundalini rising type experiences when I went into intense meditation, than I would have in the past. In these intense meditation sessions, I would feel a strong sensation go up from the base of my spine right upto around the centre of the top of my head.

But it also resulted in some health issue which I don't want to mention here.

That stopped me in my tracks. I was wondering whether what I was doing was the right thing. I felt unsure about it and so I stopped that kind of intense meditation.

In recent past I have got into less intense meditation and without focusing on desire to rise above body consciousness. I am trying to build stamina to be in longer periods of Japam and Dhyaanam even if the Dhyaanam part is not very intense. There is some Kundalini rising type sensations now too but it is of lesser intensity than earlier and the health issue is also much lesser.

And rather than wanting to rise above body consciousness, I am focusing on acquiring the attitude of facing whatever comes, in terms of bodily issues. I mean, most of us including me certainly, are so helpless when it comes to knowing what illness/injury we may face in future. Perhaps illness/injury is something that most of us cannot escape from. What we could do is to acquire the fortitude to bear whatever illness/injury we face, and pray to Bhagavan to give us relief and to give us strength to bear what we have to bear.

I don't know when I may again get into intense meditation with deep desire to rise above body consciousness. I don't think I will be doing that in the near future.

===========================

17th Aug. 2022 Update

I should add that medical science and practice today does a wonderful job in treating various illnesses and/or injuries we may face, provided we have either the money power to afford the treatment or have access to decent quality free treatment provided by the government or charitable institutions.

But such medical treatment, after a particular age like say fifties, can do only so much. It helps to alleviate the problems a person has, rather than cure them. And this is due to the body becoming less capable as one gets into and beyond fifties in age. 

This gradual, or sometimes sudden, decline in bodily function or capability, is a great spiritual challenge for an individual, IMHO. And this is the background to what I wrote earlier in this post, "I mean, most of us including me certainly, are so helpless when it comes to knowing what illness/injury we may face in future."

Comments

Archive

Show more