One of my favourite English pop songs - Stevie Wonder singing: I just called to say I love you

I have heard this song so many times since I heard it first in the second half of the 1980s, either when I was living in Belgium or when I was living in the USA. I think I never tire of listening to and enjoying this song. Thank you so much Stevie Wonder for the great joy you have given me with this song.

The official video: Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwOU3bnuU0k, 4 min. 24 secs, published on 13th Dec. 2009, has over 100 million views.

About Stevie Wonder from his wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Wonder

Stevland Hardaway Morris (né Judkins; born May 13, 1950), known by his stage name Stevie Wonder, is an American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist. A child prodigy, he is considered to be one of the most critically and commercially successful musical performers of the late 20th century. Wonder signed with Motown's Tamla label at the age of 11, and he continued performing and recording for Motown into the 2010s. He has been blind since shortly after birth.

--- end wiki extract ---

From the song's wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Just_Called_to_Say_I_Love_You :

"I Just Called to Say I Love You" is a ballad written, produced, and performed by Stevie Wonder. It remains Wonder's best-selling single to date, having topped a record 19 charts.

The song was the lead single from the 1984 soundtrack album The Woman in Red, along with two other songs by Wonder, and scored number one on the Billboard Hot 100 for three weeks from October 13 to October 27, 1984. It also became his tenth number-one on the R&B chart, and his fourth on the adult contemporary chart; it spent three weeks atop both charts, and for the same weeks as on the Hot 100.

--- end wiki extract ---

Same song sung live in Japan, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYZKS8XUMuo, 5 min. 25 secs.

[I thank wikipedia and have presumed that they will not have any objections to me sharing the above extract from their website on this post which is freely viewable by all, and does not have any financial profit motive whatsoever.]

Comments

Archive

Show more