Dr. K. Anil Kumar's March 2016 (Samarpan) talk about his experiences with Sathya Sai

SAMARPAN # 12: MARCH 2016: Talk by Shri K. Anil Kumar, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdmRkIQeY0s,  around 1 hr 20 mins.

This video is a wonderful and spiritually insightful video about Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba's ways of loving and guiding Dr. K. Anil Kumar as a young student and later as a faculty member of the Sai university as well as a leader of Veda chanting in Sai Kulwant Hall. The talk is spiritually uplifting as well. Though the video was published in March 2016, I viewed it only today. I came to know of its existence earlier on but had not got around to viewing it.

Many thanks to Dr. (Ph.D. Chemistry) K. Anil Kumar for sharing these wonderful experiences with us.

I have had quite a few interactions with Dr. K. Anil Kumar during my Seva stint at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the Sai university. I served there from Jan. 2003 to Mar. 2012, with Dr. Anil Kumar serving during some years of my stint. The Chemistry lab. was next to the Computer Science Lab where I used to sit. [The Computer Science Lab. was called Artificial Intelligence or AI lab though at the time I served there, I did not know of any AI work being done there; perhaps AI was done prior to my joining DMACS.]

So there were many times when we would come across each other in the Sai university PN (Prasanthi Nilayam) campus. He has given me a ride on his scooter too, a few times, over the short distance between the PN campus of Sai university and the ashram entrance (Ganesh Gate). Anilkumar then was, and still is, very friendly and easy to interact with. Though he had been in Prasanthi Nilayam system for decades by the time I came to know him and interact with him, and was a "form boy" and Vedam leader in Sai Kulwant Hall, he did not show any arrogance in his behaviour towards me. I also found him to be a very genuine, honest and good person. So besides liking him for his friendliness I also respect him for his honesty and goodness as a human being. In my considered view, he (Dr. K. Anil Kumar) is one of the student-staff/alumni gems of Bhagavan's beloved Sai university.

In the above video, I felt that he is speaking with that same honesty and genuineness. I am sure that he is "telling it like it is/was" when he is speaking about his personal experiences with Bhagavan where Bhagavan demonstrated his paranormal powers of knowing about what had happened to him in an accident, about what was going on in his mind, and about his prayers to Bhagavan, and where Bhagavan gives him material-level guidance (e.g. about taking up Chemistry as his specialty subject even though he was uncomfortable then with Chemistry) and spiritual guidance. His analysis of some of these experiences, I think, are his views/opinions and some may agree or disagree with that analysis. But I view the accounts of his interactions with Bhagavan (the basic data, to use more scientific jargon) as truthful from his experience viewpoint WITHOUT EXAGGERATIONS, and I would recommend that readers too view it as truthful WITHOUT EXAGGERATIONS to benefit spiritually from his experiences.

I think this talk of his should be transcribed (to text) by somebody as a Seva activity and then shared freely on the Internet as it would be a valuable addition to textual Sai literature. Note that Anil Kumar spent around three decades in Bhagavan's institutions/physical presence and that his parents too, I believe, were noted devotees of Bhagavan.

I saw Anil Kumar outside Ganesh Gate a few days ago, I think at Bhagavan birthday festival (Nov. 2017) time. I had a quick chat with him and asked him whether he is going to write about his experiences with Swami. [I try to encourage people that I know have had many experiences with Swami to write about their experiences, if they have not done so already, as a contribution to the legacy of Bhagavan and his devotees, which may help future generations (and even current generations) of Sathya Sai devotees to get a better picture of how it was with physical form Bhagavan and his devotees]. He said that he and others in his family plan to do that. It will be great when they do complete that and their writings become available for the Sai fraternity to read. Meanwhile if this talk is transcribed it could serve as something that Sai fraternity can benefit from right away. Note that video watching takes a lot of time. One can read or browse-read transcripts of such talks in much lesser time.

I felt it appropriate to add that Anil Kumar had also shown me the Chemistry lab having sophisticated instruments that he refers to in his talk. And, if I recall correctly, I helped (gave some technical guidance to) a Physics Masters student (I have taught some programming courses to Physics students too) who was writing a computer program to get data from/control one of these instruments (in this Chemistry lab). But that, if I recall correctly, was after Anil Kumar's stint in the Sai university.

Comments

Archive

Show more