Pleasantly surprised to receive 13 replacement paperback copies with decent printing of pics, of my part autobio book from Notion Press

I was pleasantly surprised today to receive 13 paperback copies of my part autobio book, all of which have decent printing of inner content pics. This seems to be the replacement copies for the 13 copies I had received weeks ago where I raised the issue of bad printing of some inner content pics.

This action of Notion Press has restored my faith in Notion Press' business practices being fair to the (self-published) author-customer. I thank Notion Press for this action of theirs.

As I managed to patch up the bad printing of pics issue in earlier (problem) copies using laser printer printout of these pics which I then cut-and-paste on to the books, I have offered to pay Notion Press the cost they incurred for these 13 replacement copies. I will be happy to pay that to Notion Press - No problem.

I have updated the earlier blog post related to this matter and also changed the title of it to: Notion Press' Chennai printer sent me 13 paperback copies of my part autobio book with some inner content pics badly printed, but later I was provided (free) replacement copies with good print, https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2019/11/notion-press-chennai-printer-produced.html. [And similarly on my public Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/2642921162591111.]

A minor point which is just a suggestion to Notion Press and NOT a complaint: This set of copies from Manipal printer seems to have printed the inner content pics lightly (perhaps to avoid dark patches) due to which the text in some of the pics is not seen or too light to be noted and the faces in some pics appear to be too bright. The earlier set of copies from Manipal printer used optimum brightness/darkness for the printing of inner content pics and never had the dark patches issue. So, in case future orders of this book are sent to Manipal printer by Notion Press, I suggested to Notion Press that they use the optimum brightness/darkness used in earlier orders for printing of inner content pics (black & white).

But this is a minor point.

Overall, I am happy with quality of printing in all the 13 paperback copies I received today (from Manipal printer). Thanks once again to Notion Press.

Comments

Archive

Show more