Better Google Knowledge Panel for my name - Ravi S. Iyer - with more and apt info. than earlier

Last updated on 9th Sept. 2020

Today (8th Sept. 2020) evening I noted that the Google Knowledge Panel info. associated with my name - Ravi S. Iyer - has improved by providing better info. than earlier Knowledge Panel.

The Google Knowledge Panel link: https://g.co/kgs/b5nXdZ


[To open pic in larger resolution, right-click on pic followed by open link (NOT image) in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]

Google Searching for Ravi S. Iyer (or ravi s iyer) leads to a results window with a message & link on right hand side of window "See results about Ravi S. Iyer Books: Indian Computer Science & Information Technology..."


Clicking on the Ravi S. Iyer link on right hand side shows the knowledge panel on right hand side in a new Google search results window.


I like this Google Knowledge Panel more than what it was earlier in June 2020 where the text description against my name said only Author (shown here: https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2020/06/update-on-google-knowledge-panel-on-my.html ). The information seems to be sourced from Notion Press author page where I have taken pains to provide an apt description.

==============================================

A Sai devotee elder and retired IIT Professor V. Jayaprakash wrote in response (and was OK with sharing publicly; slightly edited):

"I am extremely happy on you appearing on the Google knowledge panel. May Sai help you with greater recognition".

I responded: Sairam sir! So nice of you to provide such encouraging words. Thank you so much.

-----

Some readers may want to read the section titled:"Am I falling into an ego trap because I put up a post on Google small 'knowledge panel' associated with my name?" in the post that I put up about this Google knowledge panel stuff in May 2020, https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2020/05/was-surprised-to-see-small-knowledge.html.


Comments

Archive

Show more