Sathya Sai's fury at Indian Sai organization top office bearers about devotees going to mediums; My conversation with a believer of Madhusudan Naidu communicator claim

The incident given below was conveyed to me recently by an eyewitness to it. I have full faith that the eyewitness (E1) related it to me truthfully as he recalled it.

It happened sometime between 1989 and 1993. Swami (Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba) had called a top Indian national level Sai organization office bearer (NOB1) to the interview room and asked E1 and another person to be in the room.

After NOB1 had come into the room, Swami spoke very angrily to him about reports of many (Sathya Sai) devotees from a South Indian state going to a medium (person who claimed that she spoke Swami's words) there. Swami also said that he was informed/knew that the top office bearer for the state Sai orgn. (OB2, different person) had visited the medium. Swami was furious that the Sai orgn. (of which NOB1 was a senior office bearer at national level) had not taken steps to dissuade Sai devotees from believing in and visiting the medium. Swami also conveyed to NOB1, his fury at OB2 for (reportedly) having visited the medium. [I am quite sure that later NOB1 would have met OB2 and conveyed Swami's fury at OB2 having (reportedly) visited the medium.]

E1 told me that Swami's fury was so great that the national level top Sai orgn. office bearer seemed to back into the interview room door (closed, I guess) to keep some distance from Swami's fury.

I am not revealing the names of the concerned office bearers as the point of sharing this is not to embarrass anybody, especially those who have contributed greatly to the Sai organization (and which I personally benefited from when I was associated with it from around 1993 to 2002), but to chronicle and share the fury that Swami had shown at Sai orgn. top Indian office bearers for not having done enough to dissuade devotees from believing in and visiting such mediums.
------------------

Recently I was having a conversation with somebody (from a Western European country) who believes strongly in Madhusudan Naidu's communicator/medium claim, and she was trying to convince me to read Madhusudan Naidu's so called discourses which she felt will make me see the light and believe in Madhusudan Naidu's communicator claim!

I told her that I had already read some of them earlier and had come to conclusion that he is not showing any of the mastery of Hindu scripture like Upanishads/Vedanta that Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba had, and so I was not at all convinced that he was speaking Sathya Sai's words. I then tried hard to explain to her that in this very sensitive and important matter, I have to follow the teachings and instructions of my beloved and revered Gurudev, Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, and that Bhagavan has very clearly and unambiguously said that we should not believe in such claims (of mediums/communicators with respect to Bhagavan). I further shared with her what Satyajit Salian had publicly shared with Sai fraternity in 2015 about Bhagavan getting very angry with Narasimhamurthy sometime in 1999/2000 for believing in and telling Swami about some boy in Bangalore, Karnataka who claimed to be a medium of Swami. I specifically told her that Bhagavan told Narasimhamurthy then that He (Bhagavan) had no need to enter into that dirty body (of the medium) and that if He (Bhagavan) wants to communicate something to His devotee, He will do it by communicating directly with the devotee. [Here is my blog post about Satyajit's words on this: http://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2015/10/satyajit-opens-up-on-narasimhamurthy.html.]

I told her that in this lifetime of mine there is no way that I will ever accept the communicator claim of Madhusudan Rao Naidu.

She felt or perhaps hoped that Muddenahalli and Puttaparthi will unite soon. I told her that I don't think there is any chance whatsoever of Prasanthi Nilayam (Puttaparthi) ashram ever accepting Madhusudan Rao Naidu's communicator claim.

I did NOT try to convince her to give up her belief in Madhusudan Naidu's communicator claim but hopefully she has understood that there is no point in her trying to convince me to believe Madhusudan Naidu's communicator claim!

I should also say that our exchange was polite and we were able to talk in a friendly way about this matter where we disagreed, and also about other matters where we had agreement.

I thank E1 for sharing his eyewitness account with me and being OK with me sharing it publicly (with him being anonymous) for the benefit of Sathya Sai devotees who may read this post.

Comments

Archive

Show more