Offered my gratitude to Dr. Michael Goldstein, former International Chairman of Sathya Sai orgn., for the service he has done for Sathya Sai fraternity

Thought I should share with readers that I met Dr. Michael Goldstein on 20th Dec. (2018) evening in streets of outside ashram Puttaparthi. I had seen him a couple of times on earlier days too and wondered whether it was the same Dr. Goldstein whom I had not met but had seen many times in Sai Kulwant Hall prior to Mahasamadhi.

I asked him whether he was Dr. Goldstein. On his confirming it, I offered him my gratitude for the service he has done for the Sathya Sai fraternity. He was international chairman of Sathya Sai orgn. for many years and I have seen him many times in Sai Kulwant Hall when he was holding that position, and have also heard one or more of his speeches in Sai Kulwant Hall given in the presence of (physical form) Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. I have always had a good impression about him though I had not had any personal interactions with him prior to this meeting.

In our meeting, we had a free ranging discussion about many matters. Dr. Goldstein told me that Swami is everything and that we should be devoted to him, or words to that effect. It was inspiring to see his dedication to Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba at his advanced age and even after having stepped down from the International Chairman position.

I also got the opportunity to offer him my "Who am I? I am I ... " book, https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07K7M2963, in gratitude for his service to Sathya Sai fraternity, which he kindly accepted.

Here's one of his pics with Swami (Courtesy: Radio Sai, http://media.radiosai.org/journals/vol_16/01JUL18/images/11_h2h_special/Dr-Michael-Goldstein-2.jpg)

[To open pic in higher resolution, right-click on pic followed by open in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]


=======================================================

Given below are some comment exchanges from my Facebook post,  https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/2371666039716626, associated with this blog post :

--Name-snipped-- wrote: Btw, Ravi, What did Michael Goldstein have to say about Madhu and MDH, etc.? Surely he must have an opinion!
----

Ravi S. Iyer wrote (slightly edited): --Name-snipped--, My conversation with Dr. Goldstein was a private one. I will need his permission to share his remarks with respect to Muddenahalli group. ... I can say this much: He does NOT believe in Muddenahalli Group's FALSE CLAIMS.
----

--Name-snipped-- wrote: Ravi S. Iyer Thank goodness
----

--Name-snipped-- wrote (slightly edited): Ravi S. Iyer, yes good to know! (No need to seek his permission for his exact comments).
----

Comments

Archive

Show more