There is only one law - the law of Karma; Quote of Sathya Sai Baba

Last updated on 31st May 2019

There is only one law - the law of Karma. This is a quote of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. [Sources: http://www.saibaba.ws/quotes/religion.htm , https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2019/05/sathya-sai-aug-1998-interview-with.html]

Ravi: I think if just this sentence is internalized by people, there will be less injustice and horrors in the world.

Now this law is a ***divine*** law and not a 'court of law' law. One may escape from a court of law by using smart and fancy lawyers (if one is wealthy enough to afford them), or by fleeing the country where one is being pursued by law enforcement. But how can one escape from the divine law of Karma?

One has to suffer in this life or a next life for bad deeds done, unless one becomes exceptionally devoted to God and God cancels the Karma - rare cases.

It is by reading Sathya Sai literature and listening to his discourses live in Sai Kulwant Hall (the latter in 2000s mainly) that I developed strong faith in Karma. Earlier I used to have some belief in Karma but I used to also wonder whether it was really true. Sathya Sai banished those doubts for me and instilled a deep faith in me in the divine law of Karma.

So I very much fear hurting and harming others unless I am exposing or opposing grave Adharma or I am acting in self-defense. Even in those cases, I know that I may face some negative Karmic consequences for some of my harsh words and deeds. But in the interests of fighting for Sathya & Dharma and against Asathya and Adharma, I was and still am willing to face some negative Karmic consequences, if any.

But so many people do not really believe in the law of Karma or do not have fear of the negative karmic consequences of their bad actions!  I think that may be one of the main reasons why there is so much of harsh and horrible things going on in this world.
-----

In https://www.facebook.com/terry.reiskennedy/posts/10219885341102735, a share of my Facebook post associated with this blog post, Terry Reis Kennedy wrote as a share-intro, "THE LAW OF KARMA IS DIVINE JUSTICE; ONLY GOD CAN MITIGATE IT."

I responded to it in a comment as follows:
Yes, Terry Reis Kennedy, divine justice it is. .... In the final analysis, when one factors in reincarnation and karma as well as Avatars who come in to re-establish faith in God and in the divine law of karma, I think we live in a divinely just creation/world.
----

Comments

Archive

Show more