My humble 2013 review of Prof. Haraldsson's book on Sathya Sai miracles, now gets top ten ranking in Internet search engines for relevant search terms, and ***counters*** anti-Sai articles

Last updated on 21st Oct. 2020

I am very happy to note now in Oct. 2020 that my humble Sept. 2013 review: (my "Customer Review" on amazon) https://www.amazon.com/review/R1GN6LQYATB2HJ , of Prof. Erlendur Haraldsson's July 2013 book: Modern Miracles:The Story of Sathya Sai Baba: A Modern Day Prophet, is appearing in top ten results for appropriate search terms, giving Internet search users a balanced and more truthful view of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba's miraculous powers and, very importantly, countering the views of critics who seem to simply lack knowledge about Sathya Sai Baba's miraculous powers.

Note that my review is a longish one giving readers a nutshell idea about the book including its conclusion. Two of the paragraphs towards the end of the review are as follows:

In the concluding chapter of the book, Haraldsson puts forward "a few speculative hypotheses regarding the causes and nature of the mysterious phenomena around Sai Baba" and examines their validity. Haraldsson writes that some of the phenomena could have a "normal explanation" but not the bulk of them. Haraldsson states that the hypothesis that Baba had psychic powers which allowed him to "produce various phenomena when he wants to" is supported by an "endless number of observations and experiences" and so has to be accepted for bulk of the phenomena.

Prof. Haraldsson, in my humble opinion, has been a truth-seeker and has spoken the truth about paranormal phenomena associated with Sri Sathya Sai Baba, despite many powerful people in the media and scientific circles not wanting to hear and know such science shaking truth (to be more precise, current mainstream science shaking truth).

--- end extract from my amazon.com review ---

In 2014 my review was not so prominent in search results. My blog post: Google search results for Sathya Sai Baba miracles, https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2014/08/google-search-results-for-sathya-sai.html, 7th Aug. 2014 states that for the search term:

sathya sai baba miracles parapsychology investigation

Google search gives the first two results from anti-sai sites critical of Haraldsson's work, and then has Haraldsson book link, Haraldsson's wiki and amazon.com customer review.

---


Today, 18th Oct. 2020, when I tried it, my amazon.com review (Thorough Investigation by Eminent Parapsychology Scientist of Sathya Sai Baba's Miracles, https://www.amazon.com/review/R1GN6LQYATB2HJ, 27th Sept. 2013) is the first result! See below pic.

[To open pic in larger resolution, right-click on pic followed by open link (NOT image) in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]


The critics' links come afterwards! That's great! I feel really happy about this. The truth eventually triumphs!

In Bing search for the same term, amazon.in link for Haraldsson's book comes first (which has my review and other reviews) and then my amazon.com review link. Once again, the critics' links come later on. See pic below.


In DuckDuckGo search for the same term, my amazon.com review link comes first (excluding video results), followed by Haraldsson's book links (amazon.com and amazon.in which have my review among other reviews) and the critics' links come after that.


That is super news! I thought of sharing this happiness with readers some of whom are devotees of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba.

For the search term:

sathya sai baba miracles scientific investigation

my 2014 blog post mentioned above states that Google Search "sadly has the first three results from anti-Sai sites with articles critical of Prof. Haraldsson's, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlendur_Haraldsson, investigations on Swami's miracles.

However, the seventh result is Haraldsson's book link and the eighth result is the wiki page on Haraldsson. The other eight links including the above three seem to be of the negative kind.

The fourth and fifth result links in the next page (i.e. the 14th and 15th ranked results) are goodreads.com and amazon.com review links of Haraldsson's book (Modern Miracles:The Story of Sathya Sai Baba: A Modern Day Prophet, http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Miracles-Story-Sathya-Prophet/dp/190873325X), both of which have my review."

---

So in 2014, Google Search for this term gave results strongly biased towards the critics.

Now in Oct. 2020, the top ten results (excluding video results) are still dominated by critics' views. But the first (non-video) result is a Sai devotee website link: http://saibaba.ws/miracles2/sathyasaimiracles.htm which gives a positive view of Sathya Sai miracles.

That's followed by some critics' links and some neutral links.

My amazon.com review is listed as the 8th result link (excluding video results). Haraldsson's book is not listed directly in the first ten results (of course, my amazon.com review shares the amazon.com link for his book).


Bing search for same term gives a mixed set of results with my review as the 9th result.


In DuckDuckGo search for the same term, my amazon.com review is the 3rd non-video result.


Hmm. I had no idea when I wrote the review in Sept. 2013 that this humble review of Prof. Haraldsson's book on amazon.com could itself become a top-ten result of noted Internet search engines for relevant search terms and thereby counter the critics' views.

I am so happy to have been able to make this small contribution to truthfully and accurately disseminating accounts of paranormal powers of my beloved and revered Gurdev, Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, on the Internet.

========================

Given below are my comments on my Facebook post:  https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/2973060899577134 , associated with this blog post:

Terry Reis Kennedy wrote over email and was OK with sharing:

Congratulations, Ravi! This is a great service you have done. Thank you.

Sai Ram.

----

I responded: Thanks Terry.

------------

In response to a comment, I wrote (slightly edited): Thanks sister --name-snipped--! My happiness is more for how this may help new Sathya Sai devotees (and others who are just interested in this matter) in future as they search on the Internet to know more about Sathya Sai. My amazon review having a good rank for such terms means that they may read it and thereby get a more truthful picture of the matter, thereby countering the critics' views whose links are also in the top results, but whose views are not based on true knowledge of the miracles of Sathya Sai.

--------------

In response to a comment, I wrote (slightly edited):

Thanks --name-snipped-- sir. From what I recall of this book and its earlier editions, Bhagavan himself had asked Haraldsson to include some material on Bhagavan's teachings, and I think he has a chapter on it. ... However, from a science perspective and from a truth perspective, miracles are a very, very big thing. Hard science does not accept miracles as fact, as its standard for accepting something as fact is very stringent - experiments conducted in "controlled conditions". Osis and Haraldsson requested Bhagavan for that but naturally Bhagavan refused (as Bhagavan had come for the mission of the Avatar and it would have been inappropriate, I think, to allow himself to be subjected to such scientific controlled conditions test). Bhagavan however gave them permission to observe him in natural settings.

Haraldsson has done a great service to truth-seekers about miracles by continuing to do an investigation of Bhagavan's miracles, even when it was not possible to do them under controlled conditions. His work is now a great testimony to parapsychology investigators as well as those who are willing to seek truth beyond very stringent limitations of science truth-seeking of such matters (controlled conditions).

In my review I wanted to focus on this great contribution of Haraldsson. I did not want to go much into teachings of Bhagavan as that moves into spiritual philosophy domain which parapsychology and other facts-oriented truth-seekers about miracles may not be so interested in.

-----------

In response to a comment I wrote: Thanks sister. For me, it is not so much that it is my review that is doing this good thing for future devotees and others who want to know about Sathya Sai miracles at least partially through Internet search, but that some review is doing this good thing. It happens to be my review and so I say it is my review. Many times, in such matters, anonymous reviews are viewed with suspicion. A name of a real person associated with the review gives it some level of accountability.

I was not sure whether you would be interested in such stuff. So I had tagged you initially but then thought maybe such stuff may not interest you (the anti Sai guys can be pretty nasty chaps viewing everything with a negative lens) and so removed the tag. Glad that you saw the post anyway and found it to be good. Thanks. Jai Sai Ram!

------

Comments

Archive

Show more