Google Knowledge Panel for my name - Ravi S. Iyer - now has my profile pic (from 1990s)

Last updated on 28th Dec. 2020

28th Dec. 2020: Noted that now Google Search for:

ravi s iyer

 or 

Ravi S. Iyer

shows the Knowledge Panel on the right (earlier it used to show a 'see results about' message with link that led to the Knowledge Panel).

The associated pics are given below.

[To open pic in larger resolution, right-click on pic followed by open link (NOT image) in new tab/window. In new tab/window you may have to click on pic to zoom in.]


---- end 28th Dec. 2020 update -----

Early morning today (29th Oct. 2020) I noted that the Google Knowledge Panel info. associated with my name - Ravi S. Iyer - now has my profile pic which is from the 1990s. I have chosen not to share later pics of mine publicly.

The Google Knowledge Panel link: https://g.co/kgs/Geqcn7

Given below is the pic of the full Google Knowledge Panel.

The results window for Google search for Ravi S. Iyer (or ravi s iyer) also shows the profile pic (in smaller size).




Clicking on the Ravi S. Iyer link on right hand side shows the knowledge panel on right hand side in a new Google search results window.



This is a further improvement of the Google Knowledge Panel from what it was in early Sept. 2020 - https://ravisiyer.blogspot.com/2020/09/better-google-knowledge-panel-for-ravi.html .

Note that Google seems to have picked up the profile pic on its own. I have not corresponded with Google on this for months (I had last corresponded with Google on this many months ago by going through claiming the knowledge panel process). I think Google is updating my Google Knowledge Panel step-by-step.

========================================

In response to a comment received privately, I wrote (slightly edited):

It (Google Knowledge Panel adding more info. about me) adds weightage to my published views and so I like that.

And that's why I am sharing it publicly. [For me, it is not an ego boost thing but more of a message boost thing.]

Comments

Archive

Show more