Miscellaneous Facebook posts & comments in or around January, February and March 2022

When author of post or comment is not mentioned, it should be assumed that it is me (Ravi S. Iyer).

To save time, I am usually not providing my FB post links but only contents. I am also not hyperlinking links. So readers may have to copy-paste links from this post onto a browser link box and then browse to that link.

Note that my Facebook activity in January and February 2022 was very limited.

==========================================  

Around 8 mins. video, Death is NOT an Endpoint - Zach Bush MD Will Blow Your Mind, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTz425YOsAw

---------

Short video (7 min. 12 secs.) which gives interesting messages from Yogi & Mystic Gopi Krishna: Gopi Krishna : Meditation & Activating Kundalini Centers - Kundalini Awakening, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6CAU8o4BUM , 7 min. 12 secs.

...

The full account of Gopi Krishna on his first experience of expanded consciousness (in 1937) is given here: https://realization.org/p/gopi-krishna/krishna.awakening.html .

I have given below some extracts from it:

"During one such spell of intense concentration I suddenly felt a strange sensation below the base of the spine, at the place touching the seat, while I sat cross-legged on a folded blanket spread on the floor. "

...

"After a while I grew composed and was soon as deep in meditation as before. When completely immersed I again experienced the sensation, but this time, instead of allowing my mind to leave the point where I had fixed it, I maintained a rigidity of attention throughout. The sensation again extended upwards, growing in intensity, and I felt myself wavering; but with a great effort I kept my attention centered round the lotus. Suddenly, with a roar like that of a waterfall, I felt a stream of liquid light entering my brain through the spinal cord.

Entirely unprepared for such a development, I was completely taken by surprise; but regaining self-control instantaneously, I remained sitting in the same posture, keeping my mind on the point of concentration. The illumination grew brighter and brighter, the roaring louder, I experienced a rocking sensation and then felt myself slipping out of my body, entirely enveloped in a halo of light. It is impossible to describe the experience accurately. I felt the point of consciousness that was myself growing wider, surrounded by waves of light. It grew wider and wider, spreading outward while the body, normally the immediate object of its perception, appeared to have receded into the distance until I became entirely unconscious of it. I was now all consciousness, without any outline, without any idea of a corporeal appendage, without any feeling or sensation coming from the senses, immersed in a sea of light simultaneously conscious and aware of every point, spread out, as it were, in all directions without any barrier or material obstruction. I was no longer myself, or to be more accurate, no longer as I knew myself to be, a small point of awareness confined in a body, but instead was a vast circle of consciousness in which the body was but a point, bathed in light and in a state of exaltation and happiness impossible to describe.

After some time, the duration of which I could not judge, the circle began to narrow down; I felt myself contracting, becoming smaller and smaller, until I again became dimly conscious of the outline of my body, then more clearly; and as I slipped back to my old condition, I became suddenly aware of the noises in the street, felt again my arms and legs and head, and once more became my narrow self in touch with body and surroundings. When I opened my eyes and looked about, I felt a little dazed and bewildered, as if coming back from a strange land completely foreign to me. "

...

Saw first 10 minutes of it.  Plan to see whole video over next few days.

Gopi Krishna : Kundalini Awakening Experience, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INEPAohn4mE , around 50 mins.

------

"Often when somebody has a heart attack or something that briefly causes their brain to shut down, many of them will describe floating above their bodies"

Associated article link: People describe near-death experiences in an eerily similar way. They've convinced some researchers that an afterlife exists, https://www.businessinsider.in/science/news/people-describe-near-death-experiences-in-an-eerily-similar-way-theyve-convinced-some-researchers-that-an-afterlife-exists-/articleshow/90325173.cms

-----

Hmm. In 1985 in Florida! 

Associated FB post: https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/3295929673956920 , shares a pic of a "Puritan picket against too revealing swimwear on a Florida beach, 1985. USA".

-----

I saw only around 5 mins of this 34 minute video: Karnataka To Free Temples From State Control, Congress Calls Move 'Historic Blunder' | 5ive LIVE, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9YxOHqnB2I published on 31st Dec. 2021.

As a resident and citizen of India, I fully support current Karnataka government's move to free (Hindu) temples from government control. I am quite sure that government bureaucracy can be a terrible bottleneck, especially if the concerned govt. officials and political leaders in power they report to, want to create hurdles for some proposals by the temple's top staff for utilization of money earned by the temple.

I am given to understand that other religions' worship centres like Christian churches and Muslim mosques do not have such rules and that they freely manage their own monetary affairs without government interference.

Why should Hindu temples alone be treated differently and its wealth and earnings be treated as government's wealth and earnings?

To avoid misuse of wealth and earnings of Hindu temples by its senior management staff/team, government surely can put in place oversight bodies and expect, or rather ensure, proper accounting of the finances of these temples.

Associated FB post: https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/3292055547677666 has some comment exchanges. Some of my comments are given below:

In response to a comment, I wrote: Well, at some time or the other, few temples are bound to get mismanaged I think. These are the realities of life. But that will eventually lead to number of devotees going to the temple and donating to the temple, drastically reduce. That would result in management change and things getting set right.

I think this is how it would be for centres of worship of other religions too, not only in India, but also in materially advanced countries like USA.

Govt. bureaucracy and political leaders controlling such matters can result in horrible neglect/misuse of at least some temples, I think.

So a more natural system where well managed temples (managed by temple management directly) flourish and poorly managed temples get into decline (which may result in management change), I think is preferable to government control.

...

In response to a comment, I wrote: The key question is: Is Palani temple managed by the government? Must be, as I believe all big temples in TN are under government control.

...

In response to a comment, I wrote: Had a look at the articles. Corruption allegations are police matters and need to proved in court of law.

Possibility of corruption cannot be ruled out whether it is government controlled or directly controlled by temple top officials. Some people want to make money even through corruption, even if they are associated with temples.

This is where police and courts of law come into play, whether temple is govt. controlled or not.

Devotees and donors of a temple who are financially independent from the temple should get organized and have some body that oversees financial affairs of the temple. I think that's the way to limit, and in some cases eliminate, corruption in temples.

...

I am not in a position to comment on the puja methods part of your comment.

---------

I pray to Almighty God that India continues to be a land where God is worshipped in various ways by people of various religions, and where, largely, at least in the past four decades of my adult life (since 1980), there has been harmony between law-abiding people of different faiths. I think that the communal riots and violence towards people of 'other' faiths ('other' than the faith of the rioters/violent persons) that have happened in India during the past four decades, are very small when considered in the context of the size of India's population and the large country that India is. I don't have the data for it but that's the general impression I have.

Ishwar Maalik! Allah Maalik! Yesu Maalik! Sabka Maalik Ek!

[Ishwar is the Lord! Allah is the Lord! Yesu (Jesus) is the Lord! The Lord of all is one!]

----

Inside Lalibela, the mysterious holy site visited by 200,000 Ethiopian Christians on their annual…, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=excYNB26fhs , 13 min. 34 secs. published by 60 Minutes (US channel program) on 26th Dec. 2020.

----

========================= 

Comments

Archive

Show more