Nice video of Jamaican spiritual leader Mooji, who moved to London as a teenager, and his followers visiting Tiruvannamalai in early 2020

I have seen only a few videos of Mooji and not read any of his works, and so do not know much of his spiritual life & teachings.

I am sharing the below video as I found it to be very nice. Mooji speaks and behaves very lovingly towards the people of Tiruvannamalai. I was touched by that. 

I also felt very comfy with his West Indian style of speaking and interacting. Now I don't know any West Indians personally but as a cricket fan in my childhood and youth, I have followed a lot of West Indian cricket especially when it involved matches with India. The impression I formed of West Indians was based on this and it was a largely positive impression.

In later life, I came across Bob Marley's music which I liked a lot. So overall my impression of West Indians is largely positive.

I was utterly fascinated to know of a West Indian (Jamaican) spiritual leader who talks of Ramana Maharshi and others' self-inquiry spiritual processes and sings songs about Hindu deities like Shiva. His followers too sing songs about Hindu deities.

Here's his wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooji which tells of his childhood in Jamaica (born in 1954 with name as Anthony Paul Moo-Young), move to London as a teenager, working as a street artist, spiritual encounter through a Christian in 1987, travel to India from 1993, visits to Papaji spiritual guru, having a "chai" (tea) shop in London, selling incense in London, becoming spiritual teacher from 1999 (in London), and now having an ashram in Portugal and travelling to various locations in the world to hold satsangs. I found it to be a quite fascinating biography.

Here's the Tiruvannamalai video: A Tribute to Tiru ~ Short Documentary of Mooji in India, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0qxV0IsKmY , 38 min. 15 secs., published on 4th Oct. 2020.

The description part of the video says that Mooji first travelled to Tiruvannamalai in 1994, with second visit in 2005 after which he used to hold Satsangs in Tiruvannamalai.

The video covers sacred Arunachala mountain, Tiruvannamalai town, Mooji's interactions with Yogi Ramsuratkumar in the past and a visit to his ashram when the video was made, and a darshan of Mata Amritanandamayi. Mooji interacts with lots of people known to him in Tiruvannamalai over the years, with interesting old pics of kids with Mooji and the same persons now as grown ups with Mooji.

I enjoyed the warmth and love of Mooji towards the people living in Tiruvannamalai now, and I should also say I was touched by the humility and reverence shown by Mooji towards Arunachala, Tiruvannamalai and its great saints including Ramana Maharshi. The video does not have a visit to Ramanashram, if I recall correctly, but Mooji's reverence for Ramana Maharshi is clear in it.

Comments

Archive

Show more