Some follow up questions to those who told me that there is a part of them which does not change

These are follow up questions (slightly edited) I sent to some who told me that they feel there is a part of them which does not change over time (other than parts that change like mind and body). I thought I should share them as a public post. Readers who feel that there is a part of them that does not change, are welcome to respond to them, if they want to, either publicly as comments or privately as a message to me. Of course, I will keep names of those who send private messages to me as completely confidential. But I may share general content of such messages without giving any indication of who wrote those messages. This way knowledge about the topic gets shared publicly along with confidentiality of persons (names) being maintained.

I have kept the questions simple so that persons can quickly answer them and move on to some other work/activity.

1) Do you feel that this unchanging part of you is a deeper part of your being than the changing mind? Or do you feel that it is just another part of you like the mind is a part of you?

2) Do you feel that the unchanging part of you will always be with you and is eternal and indestructible? Or is it just that you know it is there and has been there in the past, and that's that?

3) Do you feel or think that the changing mind part of you will one day disappear (pass away)? Or have you simply not felt anything like that and not thought or bothered about what will happen in future to the changing mind (and instead, for example, focused on the present)?

Comments

Archive

Show more