My position on Sathya Sai movement spiritual leaders like Rita Bruce and Yaani Drucker who seem to have some association with Muddenahalli

[Please note that I have used the term spiritual leaders as I could not come up with a more appropriate term. I do not mean to imply that they currently are 'leading figures' in the Sathya Sai movement. However, they are notable figures as their names are quite well known in some sections of the Sai fraternity.]

Given below are my comments (slightly edited) on a recent Facebook post of mine, https://www.facebook.com/ravi.s.iyer.7/posts/1668380050045232, which addresses this issue.

My thinking is that many Sai fraternity leaders who may openly interact with Madhusudhan Naidu and Muddenahalli group, privately are not so sure of his weird claims. I think for many it is more of supporting the entire Muddenahalli group/platform which they are comfortable with and which perhaps helps them in their objectives and goals.

I want to differentiate between those who associate with the Muddenahalli group as they like the atmosphere and the congregation, and those who PUBLICLY STATE THEY BELIEVE IN Madhusudhan Naidu's weird claims.

In my quick look/browse through both Ms. Rita Bruce and Ms. Yaani Drucker's websites I did not find any mention of so called subtle body in Muddenahalli nor did I find any mention of Madhusudhan Naidu. So I felt it appropriate to mention their websites on my post/status.

------

I was informed that on behalf of Rita and Robert Bruce, somebody else made a presentation in recent (end Sept.) Singapore visit of MDH group. Ms. Yaani Drucker does seem to have some interactions with MDH supporters and does seem to find Madhu's statements to be in line with Swami's. So I took these two examples of Sai spiritual leaders who have contact with MDH group, and hope that they do not go to the extent of Shri Narasimhamurthy or Shri C. Srinivas of ENDORSING Shri Madhusudhan Naidu as so called "chosen communicator".

------

Thanks for your input, [Name-snipped].
First about my usage of the term spiritual leaders/leadership for Mrs. Rita Bruce (& Mr. Robert Bruce) and Mrs. Yaani Drucker. Their websites state that they not only have written book(s) but also are active speakers on Sai teachings (as understood by them) across many countries of the world. Their websites also have seminar materials/workbooks on their teachings (or methodologies, if I may use that term). Now, if they were doing this within the Christian tradition I don't think I would have been mistaken if I had referred to them as Christian preachers and their orgns. as Christian ministries.

I was wondering what is the right term for them in the Sathya Sai movement. They are more than Sai book authors. If I had used the term Sai teachers, I felt that may have been viewed as Bal Vikas Gurus or as teachers in some Sai educational institution. As I was pressed for time, I chose the term spiritual leaders/leadership for them. I don't think I am being inaccurate in that usage as they seem to have a following for their books and speaking engagements. Perhaps the term is very grand. I welcome suggestions for a better term which will essentially mean Sathya Sai preachers but avoiding the word preacher as it does not seem to go down well in the Sai community.

On what you have stated as Yaani's stand, "Sukshma Sai is authentic and that Baba will resurrect.", I EMPHATICALLY DISAGREE with Sukshma Sai being authentic part of the statement. About Baba resurrecting, I don't have the spiritual power to be able to predict such things. So I will pass on that part of the statement. On the battlefield bit, well, I clearly am on the battlefield of WORDS to UPHOLD the PUBLIC TEACHINGS of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, and SHOW that so called communicator Madhusudhan Rao Naidu is CLEARLY GOING AGAINST the PUBLIC TEACHINGS and INSTRUCTIONS of Sathya Sai Baba. Further, I view my activity as my DUTY to Bhagavan. Yaani may choose NOT to enter this battlefield of WORDS - that is her choice and I respect her choice.

------

Well, I am simply being non-judgemental about their (Mrs. Rita Bruce and Mrs. Yaani Drucker) teachings as I have not studied them, and I am going by their websites and from the impression I have gathered that they do have followers. I am NOT ENDORSING their websites/teachings as I don't know enough about them to agree or disagree.

------

Comments

Archive

Show more